4.3. to 4.2.2 downgrade

Search This thread

nalab1

Oct 17, 2008
Dunstable
Just downgraded from 4.3 to 4.2.2 and I have got rid of the bluetooth problems I was having.. I.e. Could not use my handsfree system in my car... Proving that Sony / Google completely screwed up the.bluetooth stack... Muppets.. Have either of them ever heard of regression testing?

It would appear not!!!!!!

ssj_jaypee

Dec 4, 2010
Republic of Toronto
Just downgraded from 4.3 to 4.2.2 and I have got rid of the bluetooth problems I was having.. I.e. Could not use my handsfree system in my car... Proving that Sony / Google completely screwed up the.bluetooth stack... Muppets.. Have either of them ever heard of regression testing?

It would appear not!!!!!!

how hard is it to downgrade back to 4.2.2 from 4.3? I'm running stock no root.
I'm having bad problems with Bluetooth and memory leak issues.

xasbo

Feb 10, 2012
Just downgraded from 4.3 to 4.2.2 and I have got rid of the bluetooth problems I was having.
Thanks for posting up about it. Until now, I hadn't heard of anyone actually trying the downgrade to confirm it fixes the problem. Would you be willing to contact Sony directly about it to make sure they know about it? We know two firmwares since 290 have been certified, but they haven't been released and we don't know the changes. It would suck for Sony to push new firmware and not fix this.

It's not hard - just get a copy of the FTF you want from the mega-thread and a copy of flashtool. There are tutorials on how to flash if you can't figure it out. However, since you're downgrading, you'll lose all your data (you must wipe data, or 257 won't boot).

Reactions: ssj_jaypee

nalab1

Oct 17, 2008
Dunstable
I just went from 290 to 257.. Just copied everything I wanted from my phone to my pc, did the flash then a factory reset and then copied everything back.. Bit of a chore as I had to restore all of my apps etc but worth it to get the handsfree working again.. Still can't believe that Sony and or Google have screwed the bluetooth up so much.. I hate apple but they seen to make it work across their devices and various versions of ios...

shteren

Jul 9, 2013
not only the bluetooth, the whole fw is acting out.. slowing down, ram is filling too fast and apps don't remain in memory...

also my wifi seems less stable, on .257 the bars "seemed" lower but i was connected at all times, now i have 3 bars, but connection drops all the time...

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Try different 290 fw - you can flash other regions as well.

My bluetooth us working great, wifi is better and all apps and features is working without any problems.

Try generic or something similar - that's not gereral problem.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

nalab1

Oct 17, 2008
Dunstable
Try different 290 fw - you can flash other regions as well.

My bluetooth us working great, wifi is better and all apps and features is working without any problems.

Try generic or something similar - that's not gereral problem.

When you say your bluetooth is working great - does it connect to your car audio and let you make hands-free calls?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's not hard.
    But if go to 257 and then to 534 if you don't want to use 257 or want to root 257.

If you go 534 from 290 you'll lose IMEI

Just downgraded from 4.3 to 4.2.2 and I have got rid of the bluetooth problems I was having.
    Thanks for posting up about it. Until now, I hadn't heard of anyone actually trying the downgrade to confirm it fixes the problem. Would you be willing to contact Sony directly about it to make sure they know about it? We know two firmwares since 290 have been certified, but they haven't been released and we don't know the changes. It would suck for Sony to push new firmware and not fix this.

It's not hard - just get a copy of the FTF you want from the mega-thread and a copy of flashtool. There are tutorials on how to flash if you can't figure it out. However, since you're downgrading, you'll lose all your data (you must wipe data, or 257 won't boot).