Tip us?

HackerHead
Old
(Last edited by HackerHead; 18th January 2014 at 07:14 PM.) Reason: too long
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Custom OS for my nexus 4

Hi folks,
A couple of years ago, I wanted to write an Android phone app that would look-up the incoming number against an sql table and if in the list, it was considered a spam or some telemarketer and would automatically answer the phone and play a per-recorded message and then hang up. not letting them get to my voice-mail.
It turned out that one can not do that with Android SDK and answering the phone can not be done by a program. I need your advise.
I now have a much bigger project in mind. One that would turn my phone in to a speech ready device that would connect my blue tooth headset into a microphone and speaker that allows the phone to understand about 20 commands. Such as Dial 888-555-1212 or when I get an email, it will ask to show it on the phone or read it to me.
It will act as a mid tier sitting between my blue tooth and main computer where a lot of the server side code will be running back and forth between the phone and the server using WiFi or 3G whichever is available. (Programs that are too big or complicated to run on the phone).
I know this is a big project and I am willing to spend up to 2 years developing it.
I am good at SQL, C, Java, HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript and PHP.
Any advise or pointing me towards the right direction will be much appreciated.
For example;
Learn the Ubuntu kernel (source code)
Learn how to use the existing device drivers or write my own to use the data from the GPS, Gyro, etc..
Etc...
I figured some of you guys have done something like this before, so why not ask the people who've been there and done that?
Thanks.

HackerHead
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nevermind. I'll just modify the ubuntu touch kernel to suite my needs.