Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more
Post Reply

[Q] Help rogers Galaxy S4 stock roms

19th January 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I tried to unroot and put a stock rom on my sgh i337m but the one I flashed does not allow me to use wifi and I cant restore from kies. It should be a rogers rom with 4.3.
19th January 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 556
 
1,807 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plansta

I tried to unroot and put a stock rom on my sgh i337m but the one I flashed does not allow me to use wifi and I cant restore from kies. It should be a rogers rom with 4.3.

Dial *#1234# and make and screenshot. Conect it to Kies (android 4.2.2) or Kies 3 (android 4.3) and make other screenshot pls
19th January 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

Dial *#1234# and make and screenshot. Conect it to Kies (android 4.2.2) or Kies 3 (android 4.3) and make other screenshot pls

I didn't really explain my situation well sorry. I went through all the steps to unroot my s4 but I ended up with slightly different firmware than what I originally had so wifi wont even turn on and kies does not detect the device at all. Right now I am reflashing to see if that helps.
19th January 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by plansta

I didn't really explain my situation well sorry. I went through all the steps to unroot my s4 but I ended up with slightly different firmware than what I originally had so wifi wont even turn on and kies does not detect the device at all. Right now I am reflashing to see if that helps.

Well when I reflashed kies started working but still no luck with wifi. The rom I got was from galaxys4root
Android 4.2.2
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-18-23-50-09.png
Views:	27
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	2525160

Android 4.3
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-18-23-31-22.png
Views:	23
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	2525161
Last edited by plansta; 19th January 2014 at 05:01 AM.
19th January 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #5  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 556
 
1,807 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plansta

Well when I reflashed kies started working but still no luck with wifi. The rom I got was from galaxys4root
Android 4.2.2
Attachment 2525160

Android 4.3
Attachment 2525161

  1. Extract TAR and place Modem file on computer
  2. Put your phone into download mode (Volume down + Home button + Power button. Volume Up then)
  3. Open Odin
  4. Connect your phone to your computer
  5. Place Modem file in PHONE section
  6. Make sure to untick autoreboot
  7. Flash modem
  8. Reboot
  9. Done
- If it no works, try again and make sure that you:
  1. Untick Autoreboot
  2. Flash modem
  3. Reboot once again into Download Mode using (Vol Down plus Home button combi)
  4. Flash Modem once more
  5. Once done,
  6. Unplug then reboot device manually.

*EDIT: Dial *#1234# and make new screenshot when u finish the process
19th January 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
The flash came up as fail on odin 3 times and I seem to be in the same place with no wifi. I found out the rom I got was not the correct rom because this one comes with alot more bloatware and some of the icons are different but it was the only one I could find that didnt fail when I downloaded it (I got suckered into trying to get a different one from the sites that have you pay for download speed).
19th January 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by plansta

The flash came up as fail on odin 3 times and I seem to be in the same place with no wifi. I found out the rom I got was not the correct rom because this one comes with alot more bloatware and some of the icons are different but it was the only one I could find that didnt fail when I downloaded it (I got suckered into trying to get a different one from the sites that have you pay for download speed).

Heres the screenshot with modem file
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-19-11-38-20.png
Views:	10
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	2526766
19th January 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by plansta

I tried to unroot and put a stock rom on my sgh i337m but the one I flashed does not allow me to use wifi and I cant restore from kies. It should be a rogers rom with 4.3.

Ok i got a different rom from a site and now everything is back to normal thanks for your help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-19-16-49-06.png
Views:	7
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	2526781

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank