XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocked bootloader?

Tip us?

alexp1289
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Unlocked bootloader?

I would like to buy this device and be able to modify the software. Will it come with an unlocked bootloader and be rootable? It's not fun when developers aren't supported by the manufacturer as in the android world it will attract more attention to the product. I like to be able to customize what I own also could madcatz please release stock flashable firmware files for developers and development? Most of us on xda would appreciate it thanks for your time reading this and look forward to your product and hopefully all the above being true.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mad Catz Rich
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexp1289 View Post
I would like to buy this device and be able to modify the software. Will it come with an unlocked bootloader and be rootable? It's not fun when developers aren't supported by the manufacturer as in the android world it will attract more attention to the product. I like to be able to customize what I own also could madcatz please release stock flashable firmware files for developers and development? Most of us on xda would appreciate it thanks for your time reading this and look forward to your product and hopefully all the above being true.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hi,

Yes, the bootloader is unlocked so it is rootable. Regarding the rest of your questions, watch this space!

Dead-neM
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Catz Rich View Post
Hi,

Yes, the bootloader is unlocked so it is rootable. Regarding the rest of your questions, watch this space!
Hi this is awesome but what about the firmware mentioned above ? Do you gonna give us a flashtool etc... thanks for your awnser.

Dead-neM
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Catz Rich View Post
Hi,

Hi after 1month your device is still unusable. So now how we can root this device ??

vostok4
Old
Thanks Meter 12
+1 for some more info, it would be great to at least get root, then we can hide the bar for XBMC until we get KitKat (and kernel sources would allow us to cause some ruckus on that side too )

mjenny82
Old
Thanks Meter 10
+1!

XexisKhan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up ITS HERE!

Woohoo!! Root baby root!

The Following User Says Thank You to XexisKhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]