XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Verizon Note II saga, I need help please

Tip us?

jpsllc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question My Verizon Note II saga, I need help please

Ok folks, first I am embarrassed, as I am not a developer by any stretch of the Imagination. I am however somewhat familiar with our little Samsung creatures. I have a Verizon note II I was attempting to put the tether mod on when I created a softbrick due to the boot loader being locked. This was, and is odd, as I had TWRP & CWM installed as I had used casual way back when to unlock and root. So when I used Rom Manger to boot into the boot loader it worked fine. I then attempted to uninstall the mod it failed. So I updated the custom recovery CWM via RM and caused a soft brick. After researching what happened I was able to ODIN back to stock. Worked like a charm. So after doing that I went to run Adams Casual again and it stuck on the boot loader and know I see this message. "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." So i figured I would just Odin back again except this time my phone isn't being detected by ODIN?? I am at a loss and need the collective wisdom of the brilliant minds that make up XDA. Thanks in advance.

Curtis Craig
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsllc View Post
Ok folks, first I am embarrassed, as I am not a developer by any stretch of the Imagination. I am however somewhat familiar with our little Samsung creatures. I have a Verizon note II I was attempting to put the tether mod on when I created a softbrick due to the boot loader being locked. This was, and is odd, as I had TWRP & CWM installed as I had used casual way back when to unlock and root. So when I used Rom Manger to boot into the boot loader it worked fine. I then attempted to uninstall the mod it failed. So I updated the custom recovery CWM via RM and caused a soft brick. After researching what happened I was able to ODIN back to stock. Worked like a charm. So after doing that I went to run Adams Casual again and it stuck on the boot loader and know I see this message. "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." So i figured I would just Odin back again except this time my phone isn't being detected by ODIN?? I am at a loss and need the collective wisdom of the brilliant minds that make up XDA. Thanks in advance.
Did you take the 4.3 OTA from Verizon?

jpsllc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Craig View Post
Did you take the 4.3 OTA from Verizon?
YEP!!

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
YEP!!
The OTA from Verizon relocks the bootloader and you can't, currently, re-unlock it.

falkon114
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Brutal. This is good to know though as I'm looking to go back to stock for a bit as well.
Are there any devs working on unlocking it? I'm hoping that our device isn't sinking to the back burner with the Galaxy S4 and Note 3 being on the market now.

jpsllc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Yeah it is brutal!

I am actually OK with it being locked for now, I just need to figure out how to get ODIN to recognize it again so I can get it back to the land of the living. Not having a working phone is the pits. I am wondering if there is a method to JTAG it using an SD card like there is for some of the other Samsung's? Anybody got any ideas for me? I am all ears!!

Curtis Craig
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
I am actually OK with it being locked for now, I just need to figure out how to get ODIN to recognize it again so I can get it back to the land of the living. Not having a working phone is the pits. I am wondering if there is a method to JTAG it using an SD card like there is for some of the other Samsung's? Anybody got any ideas for me? I am all ears!!
I would uninstall then reinstall the Samsung drivers. Then try odin again.

jpsllc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Been There Done That

The title say's it all. I of course welcome all ideas that might resurrect my phone and keep it from becoming a paperweight.

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2706

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
The title say's it all. I of course welcome all ideas that might resurrect my phone and keep it from becoming a paperweight.
Casual changes the drivers on one of your USB ports or at least used to (I haven't been with Verizon for a while). So try another port or computer for that matter to use Odin. I forget how to undo that change casual makes

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app