Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

My Verizon Note II saga, I need help please

16th January 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #1  
Ok folks, first I am embarrassed, as I am not a developer by any stretch of the Imagination. I am however somewhat familiar with our little Samsung creatures. I have a Verizon note II I was attempting to put the tether mod on when I created a softbrick due to the boot loader being locked. This was, and is odd, as I had TWRP & CWM installed as I had used casual way back when to unlock and root. So when I used Rom Manger to boot into the boot loader it worked fine. I then attempted to uninstall the mod it failed. So I updated the custom recovery CWM via RM and caused a soft brick. After researching what happened I was able to ODIN back to stock. Worked like a charm. So after doing that I went to run Adams Casual again and it stuck on the boot loader and know I see this message. "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." So i figured I would just Odin back again except this time my phone isn't being detected by ODIN?? I am at a loss and need the collective wisdom of the brilliant minds that make up XDA. Thanks in advance.
16th January 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsllc

Ok folks, first I am embarrassed, as I am not a developer by any stretch of the Imagination. I am however somewhat familiar with our little Samsung creatures. I have a Verizon note II I was attempting to put the tether mod on when I created a softbrick due to the boot loader being locked. This was, and is odd, as I had TWRP & CWM installed as I had used casual way back when to unlock and root. So when I used Rom Manger to boot into the boot loader it worked fine. I then attempted to uninstall the mod it failed. So I updated the custom recovery CWM via RM and caused a soft brick. After researching what happened I was able to ODIN back to stock. Worked like a charm. So after doing that I went to run Adams Casual again and it stuck on the boot loader and know I see this message. "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." So i figured I would just Odin back again except this time my phone isn't being detected by ODIN?? I am at a loss and need the collective wisdom of the brilliant minds that make up XDA. Thanks in advance.

Did you take the 4.3 OTA from Verizon?
16th January 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Craig

Did you take the 4.3 OTA from Verizon?

YEP!!
16th January 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #4  
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 145

471 posts
More
Quote:

YEP!!

The OTA from Verizon relocks the bootloader and you can't, currently, re-unlock it.
16th January 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

134 posts
Brutal. This is good to know though as I'm looking to go back to stock for a bit as well.
Are there any devs working on unlocking it? I'm hoping that our device isn't sinking to the back burner with the Galaxy S4 and Note 3 being on the market now.
16th January 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #6  
Exclamation Yeah it is brutal!
I am actually OK with it being locked for now, I just need to figure out how to get ODIN to recognize it again so I can get it back to the land of the living. Not having a working phone is the pits. I am wondering if there is a method to JTAG it using an SD card like there is for some of the other Samsung's? Anybody got any ideas for me? I am all ears!!
16th January 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 16

48 posts
Quote:

I am actually OK with it being locked for now, I just need to figure out how to get ODIN to recognize it again so I can get it back to the land of the living. Not having a working phone is the pits. I am wondering if there is a method to JTAG it using an SD card like there is for some of the other Samsung's? Anybody got any ideas for me? I am all ears!!

I would uninstall then reinstall the Samsung drivers. Then try odin again.
16th January 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #8  
Unhappy Been There Done That
The title say's it all. I of course welcome all ideas that might resurrect my phone and keep it from becoming a paperweight.
19th January 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #9  
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,865

5,030 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The title say's it all. I of course welcome all ideas that might resurrect my phone and keep it from becoming a paperweight.

Casual changes the drivers on one of your USB ports or at least used to (I haven't been with Verizon for a while). So try another port or computer for that matter to use Odin. I forget how to undo that change casual makes

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread