Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 40,953 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Verizon Note II saga, I need help please

Tip us?
 
jpsllc
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2013
Question My Verizon Note II saga, I need help please

Ok folks, first I am embarrassed, as I am not a developer by any stretch of the Imagination. I am however somewhat familiar with our little Samsung creatures. I have a Verizon note II I was attempting to put the tether mod on when I created a softbrick due to the boot loader being locked. This was, and is odd, as I had TWRP & CWM installed as I had used casual way back when to unlock and root. So when I used Rom Manger to boot into the boot loader it worked fine. I then attempted to uninstall the mod it failed. So I updated the custom recovery CWM via RM and caused a soft brick. After researching what happened I was able to ODIN back to stock. Worked like a charm. So after doing that I went to run Adams Casual again and it stuck on the boot loader and know I see this message. "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." So i figured I would just Odin back again except this time my phone isn't being detected by ODIN?? I am at a loss and need the collective wisdom of the brilliant minds that make up XDA. Thanks in advance.
 
Curtis Craig
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 48
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsllc View Post
Ok folks, first I am embarrassed, as I am not a developer by any stretch of the Imagination. I am however somewhat familiar with our little Samsung creatures. I have a Verizon note II I was attempting to put the tether mod on when I created a softbrick due to the boot loader being locked. This was, and is odd, as I had TWRP & CWM installed as I had used casual way back when to unlock and root. So when I used Rom Manger to boot into the boot loader it worked fine. I then attempted to uninstall the mod it failed. So I updated the custom recovery CWM via RM and caused a soft brick. After researching what happened I was able to ODIN back to stock. Worked like a charm. So after doing that I went to run Adams Casual again and it stuck on the boot loader and know I see this message. "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." So i figured I would just Odin back again except this time my phone isn't being detected by ODIN?? I am at a loss and need the collective wisdom of the brilliant minds that make up XDA. Thanks in advance.
Did you take the 4.3 OTA from Verizon?
 
jpsllc
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Craig View Post
Did you take the 4.3 OTA from Verizon?
YEP!!
 
jcollier
Old
#4  
jcollier's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 447
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsllc View Post
YEP!!
The OTA from Verizon relocks the bootloader and you can't, currently, re-unlock it.
 
falkon114
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 121
Join Date: Apr 2011
Brutal. This is good to know though as I'm looking to go back to stock for a bit as well.
Are there any devs working on unlocking it? I'm hoping that our device isn't sinking to the back burner with the Galaxy S4 and Note 3 being on the market now.
 
jpsllc
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2013
Exclamation Yeah it is brutal!

I am actually OK with it being locked for now, I just need to figure out how to get ODIN to recognize it again so I can get it back to the land of the living. Not having a working phone is the pits. I am wondering if there is a method to JTAG it using an SD card like there is for some of the other Samsung's? Anybody got any ideas for me? I am all ears!!
 
Curtis Craig
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 48
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsllc View Post
I am actually OK with it being locked for now, I just need to figure out how to get ODIN to recognize it again so I can get it back to the land of the living. Not having a working phone is the pits. I am wondering if there is a method to JTAG it using an SD card like there is for some of the other Samsung's? Anybody got any ideas for me? I am all ears!!
I would uninstall then reinstall the Samsung drivers. Then try odin again.
 
jpsllc
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2013
Unhappy Been There Done That

The title say's it all. I of course welcome all ideas that might resurrect my phone and keep it from becoming a paperweight.
 
kintwofan
Old
#9  
kintwofan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2829
Posts: 4,967
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Irmo, SC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsllc View Post
The title say's it all. I of course welcome all ideas that might resurrect my phone and keep it from becoming a paperweight.
Casual changes the drivers on one of your USB ports or at least used to (I haven't been with Verizon for a while). So try another port or computer for that matter to use Odin. I forget how to undo that change casual makes

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more

Port Sony Xperia Themes to CyanogenMod 11 with Ease

In addition the obvious proficiency with graphics, creating agood Android theme … more

Cell Phone SIM Unlock Bill Just Steps Away from President’s Desk

For all those who believe that Cinderella stories don’t actually … more