Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 46,662 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help TWRP loop LG G2

Tip us?

truckroot
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinejh View Post
Ok quick update then I'm off to bed for a cold hours had a long hospice visit last night. I got home this morning at six and used flashing to flash the above image then I rebooted still got small letters in upper left of screen so I went into download mode and tried to use the LG flash tool but it still says error wrong model it thinks my phone is an 802 model

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
For LG flash tool to work properly ur gonna have to edit the build.prop so it sees VS980 4G instead of d802. Not really sure how to fix a corrupted recovery on 12b firmware without adb access. Hang in there, someone here will b able to get ya fixed.

Sent from Verizon logo plastered G2 bastard

datechnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 131

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtnis View Post
with no luck it came back with can't open /block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
Isn't it
Code:
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
?
Current Device: Verizon Galaxy Note 3

If you feel like donating click here

quinejh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If someone can tell me in laymans terms how exactly to set up adb. And push a proper recovery (if it would help) I could try it. But the threads that I have tried to follow get me lost or lead me to bad links.

kewkie
Old
Thanks Meter 726
Having this issue aswell after flashing a rom with twrp.. the only is rayglobe which is workig fine. all other roms i stuck at bootlogo after flashing

quinejh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Lol I just noticed my post above says sent from my d802. I guess my phone is confused

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Very strange the exact same issue. That leads me to wonder. If it has something to do with rayglobe and its aroma installer and the fact it was ported from the d802

kewkie
Old
(Last edited by kewkie; 19th January 2014 at 05:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 726
Gonna try it with philz, maybe it will work.. its annoying to flash the stock but whatever, have time today lol

Okay guys, no problem with philz

Booted in like 3 mins after flashing, so.. use philz!

quinejh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Which one cause I couldn't get it to install on the b firmware

kewkie
Old
Thanks Meter 726
this one: http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A...d_Edition/d802

but i prefer to install twrp first, then flash philz in twrp, reboot once and then flash the rom thru philz (thats what i did and its working like charm now)

quinejh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The problem is if my phone thinks it's a 802 it won't let me install twrp for the vs980 beca use it thinks it's a different. Phone. Unless u pushed it to the phone with adb and I have not figured out how to do it successfully.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Ok I tried to install tarp with freegee but it downloads recovery for the 802 so I just close it,

quinejh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have another thought and I'm hoping I can get an answer if my phone thinks it's an international 802 is it possible to use the twrp app from the play store to install twrp for the 802 this may give me the ability to get a recovery and also flash a stock 802 rom