5,595,918 Members 31,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook Color (Won't Boot/Hold Charge)

Tip us?
 
TreasureMan
Old
#1  
TreasureMan's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 58
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dover, NH
Default Nook Color (Won't Boot/Hold Charge)

Hey guys ,

Just wondering 1st thing does the Nook Color only boot through the sdcard?

and i don't think it will hold a charge, not too sure hasn't been turning on for about 6 months now and i think it's bricked not too sure.

I have it charging right now and the light is orange on the charger so it might be charging. I will let it charge and see what happens.

The nook color is rooted with CWM recovery and wit cyanogenmod ROM just don't know what versions of both if you ask and it's needed.

Any help will be appreciated if you need more information please reply and i will tell you.
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S III
Current ROM: Beanstalk 4.4.2 & 4.4.2 Gummy- Nightly's
Current Kernel: Stock
 
TreasureMan
Old
#2  
TreasureMan's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 58
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dover, NH
Another thing is my nook won't show up on my computer so i can't try and fix it from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=949699
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S III
Current ROM: Beanstalk 4.4.2 & 4.4.2 Gummy- Nightly's
Current Kernel: Stock
 
TreasureMan
Old
#3  
TreasureMan's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 58
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dover, NH
UPDATE: I guess it's fully charged by the green light on the cord, just still won't boot or connect to my computer so i can get it to boot up, so please help me fix this issue.
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S III
Current ROM: Beanstalk 4.4.2 & 4.4.2 Gummy- Nightly's
Current Kernel: Stock
 
leapinlar
Old
#4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3396
Posts: 7,673
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureMan View Post
UPDATE: I guess it's fully charged by the green light on the cord, just still won't boot or connect to my computer so i can get it to boot up, so please help me fix this issue.
You need to go to my NC Tips thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item A10. Then you can flash a new ROM to fix it.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here
 
TreasureMan
Old
(Last edited by TreasureMan; 19th January 2014 at 08:44 PM.)
#5  
TreasureMan's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 58
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dover, NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
You need to go to my NC Tips thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item A10. Then you can flash a new ROM to fix it.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Yeah i tried that last night and i tried again 20 minutes ago, would help if my computer would recognize the nook color.

Had to use an old phone to burn the .img file and put it back into my nook and still won't boot up

EDIT: It booted up so now i am downloading CM 10.2 is that a good ROM to flash?
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S III
Current ROM: Beanstalk 4.4.2 & 4.4.2 Gummy- Nightly's
Current Kernel: Stock
 
leapinlar
Old
#6  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3396
Posts: 7,673
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureMan View Post
Yeah i tried that last night and i tried again 20 minutes ago, would help if my computer would recognize the nook color.

Had to use an old phone to burn the .img file and put it back into my nook and still won't boot up

EDIT: It booted up so now i am downloading CM 10.2 is that a good ROM to flash?
You say you got it booting, but you do not burn by hooking the device to a computer, you take the SD out and insert into the PC. And any ROM should fix it. Try the same one you currently have installed.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here
 
TreasureMan
Old
#7  
TreasureMan's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 58
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dover, NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
You say you got it booting, but you do not burn by hooking the device to a computer, you take the SD out and insert into the PC. And any ROM should fix it. Try the same one you currently have installed.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
It's working 100% now and i don't remember what ROM i had on, when i bought it it was rooted and had a ROM installed already.
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S III
Current ROM: Beanstalk 4.4.2 & 4.4.2 Gummy- Nightly's
Current Kernel: Stock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Fix the Ambient Light Issues on Your Google Nexus 5 using Xposed

The Google Nexus 5 is a great and rather popular device. This LG-produced … more

Google Glass XE16 Update Factory Image and Rooted Bootloader Now Available

You may recall that early yesterday, we talked about the XE16 … more

Add Swipe Utilities to Your App with SimpleFingerGestures Library

Gestures have become an increasingly important element in smartphone UI … more