Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Thoughts on using Screen shields

OP cobaltleo

13th January 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 9

66 posts
Well, just realized i got a strach already after exposing my nexus to sunlight, and i'm pretty careful with the screen, so i guess the screen is not that stratch resistanct, i'm definitely getting a screen protector now.
14th January 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 78

295 posts
I really like their screen protectors. Very durable and easy to apply without bubbles. Much better than cheaper protectors I have used. I'm not using one now, because my case has one built in, but really liked it on my old gtab2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th January 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 39

453 posts
I have a Moko (love this case). I take my Nexus with me everywhere and when I am not looking at it, the case is closed. The only way the screen could get scratched is if my fingers turn into diamonds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA Premium HD app
16th January 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #14  
Flag Chicago, Il
Thanks Meter: 79

259 posts
First of all, the Nexus 7 does not have "Gorilla Glass"; the glass is made by Corning, but it is never stated anywhere that is same tempered material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltleo

Was walking through the mall today and came across a kiosk that was selling screen shields (zagg brand) and considered it but with the price being so high (higher than the cost of the case I'm buying) I figured ice see what everyone is using first and your thoughts on the (any brand not just zagg) I personally haven't used one since I bought one for my PSP back in 2005, and with gorilla glass is it even necessary if your using a case?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Zagg protectors are a bit overpriced. Go to http://www.xtremeguard.com/ and use code "50OFF" for a much better deal, plus their customer service is outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pneumatic

I have a Moko (love this case). I take my Nexus with me everywhere and when I am not looking at it, the case is closed. The only way the screen could get scratched is if my fingers turn into diamonds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA Premium HD app

Even if the Nexus had Gorilla Glass, it wouldn't take diamond to scratch it. I have the Moko case as well, but be careful with the metal tab on the front as people have reported that it scratches bare screens over time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #15  
Flag santa flora
Thanks Meter: 233

874 posts
Donate to Me
I got a top rated screen protector(Spigen ultra crystal) and cannot really use the tablet on cold mornings and at other times due to loss of responsiveness caused by said screen proctor especially when I wipe the screen clean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

And people the screen does scratch I am very careful I did not even want to use my tablet when I got it because the screen protector was coming a bit late. And I manage to scuff it just a tiny bit just TWO weeks before. I still hate it thought and REALLY wanna take it off but its there for a reason. However the scuff is unseen really but I know it's there and it bothers me soooooo.........much *twitch* *twitch*

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
19th January 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #16  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,167

4,390 posts
More
I only use glass screen protectors now. All my devices have glass versions, it feels better to touch compared to the normal plastic protectors.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk
19th January 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 4

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenty108

I got a top rated screen protector(Spigen ultra crystal) and cannot really use the tablet on cold mornings and at other times due to loss of responsiveness caused by said screen proctor especially when I wipe the screen clean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app[COLOR="Silver"]

Thats odd....cause I find no degree of touch loss with the same protector. I did have some minor issues with or without the SPG protector of some touches not being registered some times.

You might want to try doing what I just did. There is the thread about taking the back of the N7 off and reconnecting the screen ribbon cable. I did this and it made the touches more responsive now. The cable seemed to be plugged in all the way already...but lifting it out of the socket and pushing it back down seems to have made a difference for sure on my unit. Something for you to try anyway, hope it helps.
19th January 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 5

58 posts
More
N7 screen is a dust and fingerprint magnet unlike Apple products I use so I guess a high quality screen protector is a must for protection and clean screen.

I am using Clear-Coat on my iPhone 4 and it is way better than Zagg. I was going to get the same for my N7 LTE but then I decided to sell it and get an iPad Mini with Retina display instead.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread