5,595,918 Members 30,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dell Venue 8 moving margins after sleep.

Tip us?

chairsz
Old
Thanks Meter 23
does anyones screen stop responding in the middle of a game? and the only responses that the tablet will take ar long presses and physical hardware buttons? the remedy for me so far is to lock and unlock screen and problem disappears buts appering to much and its annoying so far it happens in low res catapult game, a nail painting game my daughter plays, once or twice in the sonic dash game, im bout to return this but im holding on for this elusive update dell will push out.
Current phone:
Rogers samsung galaxy s2 LTE i727R
Stock rom stock recovery, stock kernel blazzing ly fast
good stuff!
Current tabby:
DELL VENUE 8 3830..4.2.2.. ROOTED AND smooooth.

previous devices
Samsung galaxy gio
LG Optimus one
LG optimus L5
HTC wildfire S.
Asus MeMo pad HD 8 and Memopad HD 7
HP Slate 7 Plus 4200ca

Empty J
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairsz View Post
does anyones screen stop responding in the middle of a game? and the only responses that the tablet will take ar long presses and physical hardware buttons? the remedy for me so far is to lock and unlock screen and problem disappears buts appering to much and its annoying so far it happens in low res catapult game, a nail painting game my daughter plays, once or twice in the sonic dash game, im bout to return this but im holding on for this elusive update dell will push out.
Yes, another known bug plaguing the Venue line. I can't post links here yet (too new), but Google "Touch screen on new Venue 8 Android routinely become unresponsive" to find the Dell community thread on this issue. Dell's only recourse thus far is to offer free replacements.

cnwk64
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same issue here, I try antutu test, and I can clear see the line when background is red, blue, or green.

CyberManiaK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
We have hope, the guys at dell send me an email requesting more information. So I think they will see this thread and understand more about the problem.

BTW: I have read that 4.3 update is rolling now, anyone that have the update still have the problem ?

arclight25
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Problem is still evident on 4.3

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1387718744453.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	2468377  
AT&T HTC one M8 32gb phone
HTC One 32gb (black) / HTC One 32gb (sliver)
Samsung Galaxy Players: 3.6 / 4.0 / 4.2 / 5.0 / 5.8
Dell Venue 8 / NVIDIA Shield / Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
Asus Transformer TF701t / Asus Transformer AIO / MS Surface RT
The Following User Says Thank You to arclight25 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marianosf
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have the same issue as well with my Dell Venue 8" . Man I really wanted to like this tablet . I bought it because I have a Dell Venue Pro with Windows and the display and battery life is awesome with the Pro. However, the Dell Venue 8 Android obviously uses a different lower quality display and my battery drains in a little over a day even if I don't use it. What a bummer

nashchelsy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Margin unaligned

My Venue 8 is doing it as well. It seems to always be the side opposite the camera no mater how you rotate it. I hope its a software issue and Dell didn't mess up ALL our devices up to now....