Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 50,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Another Inevitable "OMG! I Dropped It In Water" Thread.

Tip us?

fr4nk1yn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 417
Default Another Inevitable "OMG! I Dropped It In Water" Thread.

WARNING: If your clothes hamper is close to the toilet your clingy cat make knock it in the toilet.

After the dunk, I grabbed it immediately without hesitation, the screen was still on and going crazy. I immediatly held the power button, the screen went off and vibrated.
Pilled the SIM tray, placed it in rice but later noticed it was hot. It was still on, maybe. Held the power button to try to power off and the "LG" flashed.
It's now in the bag, hot and vibrates on/off when the button is pressed. I can't find the info on that.

Going to put it frsh rice after pulling the cover. What's my chances? Lie to me, I don't mind!
Support Your Local Android Developer. That stuff* is HARD!

Makrilli
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Sorry but I'm not going to lie to you :/
It's looking pretty bad

It's dood you put it into the rice, altrough I'd opened the phone and removed the battery first.

Sent from my LG D802
LG G2 D802 running PA
Asus tf701t running CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to Makrilli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fr4nk1yn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makrilli View Post
Sorry but I'm not going to lie to you :/
It's looking pretty bad

It's dood you put it into the rice, altrough I'd opened the phone and removed the battery first.

Sent from my LG D802
Damn, i just quit my job too so lying and all would've been great.
I didn't think of pulling the cover earlier.

Lpedraja2002
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
Damn, i just quit my job too so lying and all would've been great.
I didn't think of pulling the cover earlier.
If I was in your position I would gather much patience and dunk it in rice then use a hair blower to warm the rice up a little then leave for a few hours then do it again, rinse and repeat then leave it over night and then, only then would I try turning it back on.

Best of luck to you mate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lpedraja2002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Makrilli
Old
Thanks Meter 155
But don' worry, miracles happend. I just read how some guys lumia was in a lake 17 hours and worked after that just fine without drying it

Sent from my LG D802
LG G2 D802 running PA
Asus tf701t running CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to Makrilli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marshygeek
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Yea just give it some time. Give her privacy or space man! She needs to think of matters. If she goes back then she's yours forever if not she's gone.
PRESS THANKS IF IT HELPS!

"Nothing happens until someone makes it happen"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marshygeek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dyeager
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
WARNING: If your clothes hamper is close to the toilet your clingy cat make knock it in the toilet.

After the dunk, I grabbed it immediately without hesitation, the screen was still on and going crazy. I immediatly held the power button, the screen went off and vibrated.
Pilled the SIM tray, placed it in rice but later noticed it was hot. It was still on, maybe. Held the power button to try to power off and the "LG" flashed.
It's now in the bag, hot and vibrates on/off when the button is pressed. I can't find the info on that.

Going to put it frsh rice after pulling the cover. What's my chances? Lie to me, I don't mind!
Let it dry for three days. One day is not long enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to dyeager For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fr4nk1yn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 417
Hit the button yesterday and she powered on, battery was at 1% so I'm sure the thing didn't turn off.
I got fresh rice and ziplock and it's sitting, every so often I got it with the wife's hair dryer for "why not?".
Camera lens is clear but I'm leaving it longer before charging trying the mics and speakers. I had already ordered a new skin that's coming Tuesday so our might miss sit until then.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390177211547.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	2526959

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk