Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] what happens if the serial number gets scraped off?

OP caesarAnto

19th January 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
hi all,

I've just purchased an LG g2, everything is fine but upon reading the warranty conditions I've found out that the (European, in this case) warranty is considered void if the serial number becomes illegible or damaged. The thing is that the serial number on the rear of the phone seems already quite damageable, half of the sticker is already gone (imei and serial number are still perfectly legible though). Am I missing something here? I don't think the SN on the box would suffice in case I needed to avail myself of the warranty, is that right? sorry but it's my first device so maybe I'm making a blunder here

thank you
20th January 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 977

1,190 posts
I am worried about the very same thing. Mine also started to scrape off I know somebody on here who simply peeled it off and saved it in the box. I don't know.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th January 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
wouldn't the removal of the sticker be considered an alteration? I was considering sticking a piece of invisible wrap on it but it all really seems absurd to me

I guess that removing it and sending it along with the phone would be ok after all?
Last edited by caesarAnto; 20th January 2014 at 12:16 AM.
20th January 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #4  

1,190 posts
Yes, I thought the very same thing, hence the 'I don't know' in my previous post. I think that's the best idea. I was kinda surprised to see it already started fading despite the fact that I have a case on the phone. Funny thing is, according to Danish law it is prohibited to put on a sticker/anything that is warranty related, that can't last the entire warranty period without fading with normal usage.

20th January 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
on some other threads I'm reading of people with other devices peeling it off right away and keeping it in the box; it's got to have its importance since without it I suppose it would be impossible to prove it's the legit phone you're sending (I don't think there's a SN inside the phone too), the question is whether keeping it in the box or on the phone is the same thing, hope there's someone here who knows for sure
20th January 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #6  

1,190 posts
I can't find it in the hidden menu nor in the 4636 menu

20th January 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I've just peeled off mine, upon further googling it doesn't seem to have much to do with the warranty
20th January 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1,642

2,341 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarAnto

I've just peeled off mine, upon further googling it doesn't seem to have much to do with the warranty

It's just a sticker.

*#06# = your imei and on some more places. removed mine yesterday.
20th January 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #9  
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 469

1,208 posts
More
First thing I removed. Wife's phone went in for repair and they never asked for serial. They asked for imei but didn't press when told is had to find it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread