Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 43,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any way to sideload

Tip us?

ang1dust
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Any way to sideload

I recently rooted my phone. I have not installed any ROMs because i love the stock rom so much but i decided to try one today. I didnt have my computer with me so i downloaded one today and rebooted into recovery. I saved my current rom and then wiped and accidently pressed Data, it asks if i want to wipe everything and i press back. I go to look at my downloads and they are all gone. I look for my backup i had JUST nandroid backed up and it was gone.

So there i am stuck. There is a thread for returning to Stock rom. Sure ok, but its a long process including the 2 gig download which is only uploading at 260mbit/s so another hour or 2.

I have tried sideloading a rom but it fails.

Any suggestions on how to get a rom onto the phone without booting it? I dont have a micro usb to sd card or i would have done that already =/

fr4nk1yn
Old
(Last edited by fr4nk1yn; 20th January 2014 at 12:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 419
You need adb on the pc, connect, then in terminal or cmd
Code:
adb push ROM.zip /sdcard
Copying the zip to the folder with adb makes it easier and the above command correct, (of course replace ROM.zip with the actual name).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Support Your Local Android Developer. That stuff* is HARD!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fr4nk1yn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ang1dust
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
Code:
adb push ROM.zip /sdcard
Copying the zip to the folder with adb makes it easier and the above command correct, (of course replace ROM.zip with the actual name).

via sideload or no?

fr4nk1yn
Old
Thanks Meter 419
No. Sideload could work, I don't remember the command off hand.
Adb push copies it to the internal memory then you flash through the menu normal.

Support Your Local Android Developer. That stuff* is HARD!

ang1dust
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
Code:
adb push ROM.zip /sdcard

I gave you thanks.

That seems to work. For anyone that gets into this situation where there are no roms in your phone and you have no way to transfer them. Boot into TWRP, do not use sideload. Just main screen. Device manager will show to be just "g2" and you need the driver. In the driver folder from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=869 driver section, update driver and browse to 64BitADB and choose androidandadb. It will then give you a list of options starting with Testing drivers, one that dates back to 2010 and another thats 2012. You want the one thats 2nd from the bottom called LG G2 verizon net adb or something like that. Works perfect and connects to adb.

If anyone truely needs this process i can break it down to specifics on how to get it to work. Thanks so much for your help fr4nk1yn!