Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lens Mechanism Repair

Tip us?

mouse_man
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Lens Mechanism Repair

Hi,

Was setting up my Samsung Galaxy Camera on a tripod, and wasn't paying attention to weight distribution. it toppled over and pushed the lens in somewhat. Trying to fiddle with it to get it back to normal managed to push the internal section to disconnect entirely (it moves when I move the camera back and forth).

I watched the teardown video by AdamOutler thinking that it may be a simple fix, but am not so sure now, since it is the part to do with the optics. Because it is just the zoom mechanism, am I safe trying to do the repair myself? Or is it still best to go back to Samsung. It is just out of warranty, so I am trying to avoid a large cost of repairs.
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305T - Still stock but rooted and looking at the options...
Previous Phone: HTC Desire HD - ROM: JellyTime Release 30 by RandomBlame - Unlocked via HTC Dev as I was too lazy to look up how to S-OFF... (semi-retired)

Tablet: Asus Google Nexus 7: Still Stock ROM (4.4.1) but unlocked and rooted
Camera: Samsung Galaxy Camera: Still Stock ROM but unlocked and rooted

yihao96
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I got the same problem too early Nov last year. Best is send back to Samsung. If you're afraid of the cost, ask for quotation first.

Sent from my EK-GC100 using xda app-developers app