Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,255 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] noob seeking advice

Tip us?

killervdub
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] noob seeking advice

i have been thinking about rooting my gs4 for a while now. i think i have finally decided to pull the trigger. i jail broke my iphone4s when i made the mistake of purchasing it. i dont know how much that experience will help. anyways, i came across this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2567353. what i would like to know is if this is something that is feasable for me to pull off. is it more for somebody that has more knowledge in the area than me? one thing i noticed is that the screen shots posted in the other thread have a different kernel, will my phone be loaded with that kernel when i load the rom? my phone is a gs4 sph-l720, currently running 4.3, build number jss15j.l720vpuemk2. any info and advice will be greatly appreciated.

frostedunit
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Yes, you will have ktoonsez kernel on your phone if you flash that rom.

It is very feasible and actually quite simple to root your phone. Find Cf autoroot and philz touch recovery in the original development section and just Odin them in.

Just be aware that you will trip the Knox counter on your phone and will void your Samsung warranty.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

killervdub
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for the info. i only have a couple of months left on my warranty anyways. i have had this phone since may of last year. i plan on following the instructions in the post. hopefully i get it all done right.