CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

The History of Flagships: Part I – Sony

Every OEM aspiring to conquer the mobile world undoubtedly releases its take on the so-called … more

XDA & New Relic Performance Monitoring [Sponsored]

In other posts we’ve raved about New Relic Mobile for monitoring performance of our … more

XDA’s Top 5 Stories and Videos for 2014 – XDA TV

Yesterday we talked about our favorite Xposed Mods from 2014 on XDA Xposed … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] how to force auto-update specific apps @ predefined timings?

OP dylansmith

11th January 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
as above - for example, some apps only allow auto-update every 12 hours. what i want to achieve is - to have all my news feeds/emails/evernote synced and updated before I leave house in the morning (so we can tap on the WIFI instead of 4G). is there an app I could use to achieve that?

Thanks!
11th January 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #2  
jime1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 53
 
435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylansmith

as above - for example, some apps only allow auto-update every 12 hours. what i want to achieve is - to have all my news feeds/emails/evernote synced and updated before I leave house in the morning (so we can tap on the WIFI instead of 4G). is there an app I could use to achieve that?

Thanks!

Simplify your Question Bro..
12th January 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jime1

Simplify your Question Bro..

Example:

Pulse App
App only allows 12 hourly auto-update over WIFI

what I need : auto-update at fixed timings - e.g. every 7am and 10pm.
what i need #2 : do this for every app (e.g. Evernote/feedly/Gcal/facebook/flipboard)
12th January 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #4  
jime1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 53
 
435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylansmith

Example:

Pulse App
App only allows 12 hourly auto-update over WIFI

what I need : auto-update at fixed timings - e.g. every 7am and 10pm.
what i need #2 : do this for every app (e.g. Evernote/feedly/Gcal/facebook/flipboard)

great idea bro..i don't know about such app but if you know android development then you should definitely create one by Yourself
12th January 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jime1

great idea bro..i don't know about such app but if you know android development then you should definitely create one by Yourself

i have 0 coding knowledge and was just wondering if someone already thought of the same thing and have an app ready for it..
13th January 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #6  
jime1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 53
 
435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylansmith

i have 0 coding knowledge and was just wondering if someone already thought of the same thing and have an app ready for it..

your desire is very specific so difficult to find.. but you can find it on google if you keep trying
20th January 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jime1

your desire is very specific so difficult to find.. but you can find it on google if you keep trying

already did, would appreciate if anyone found anything similar..

thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes