Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck in between ROMs.

OP Thaumaz

20th January 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Back Story: Just rooted my phone (after a factory reset). I also checked the root. Thought why not flash a ROM to get rid of all this bloatware. So I chose Cyanogenmod. Downloaded it to my phone through ROM Manager. It thought my phone storage was my phones internal memory. I looked up how to fix this but all I could find was this thread which just said use a different installer.(the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957600) Being to much of a noob to fix the problem I had no choice but to switch. I downloaded ROM installer. ROM installer recognized my SD card and downloaded CM (10.2) and google apps (4.3). Flashed a recovery, which I cant find for you because for some reason I cant look at the that menu in ROM installer(but it was the top one of the second set of files). Then I went into the installer and clicked both CM and google apps and turned on wipe data and cache but NOT backup existing ROM. It rebooted and I got the green android with installing under it. Some text in the top left I don't remember. Then under installer there was something like don't turn this device off. It stood on that menu for at least 30minutes and I knew something was up. So I looked it up and found this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957600). They said to factory reset it, which I did, so I thought whatever Ill do it again. I went into boot recovery canceled the installation and tried to factory reset.

Actual problem: The actual problem is it seems I am stuck in some kind of limbo. My phone works perfectly fine when I boot into recovery but when I try to factory reset or try to install CM again it just sits on that green android screen instead of going back to stock. Since I foolishly didn't back up my ROM as far as I know I can go back. I tried to look up what to do but I am truly stumped. I just want CM on my phone and I don't know what to do from here. Any ideas? If there is a thread that goes over this im sorry for reposting and please refer me to that thread. Otherwise thank you for any help.
Phone Device number SCH-I545
Android 4.3
Kernel version: 3.4.0
Build Number: JSS15J.I545VRUEMK2
If there is any other Info you need Ill post asap.
Again thank you for any help.
20th January 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 316

996 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaumaz

Back Story: Just rooted my phone (after a factory reset). I also checked the root. Thought why not flash a ROM to get rid of all this bloatware. So I chose Cyanogenmod. Downloaded it to my phone through ROM Manager. It thought my phone storage was my phones internal memory. I looked up how to fix this but all I could find was this thread which just said use a different installer.(the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957600) Being to much of a noob to fix the problem I had no choice but to switch. I downloaded ROM installer. ROM installer recognized my SD card and downloaded CM (10.2) and google apps (4.3). Flashed a recovery, which I cant find for you because for some reason I cant look at the that menu in ROM installer(but it was the top one of the second set of files). Then I went into the installer and clicked both CM and google apps and turned on wipe data and cache but NOT backup existing ROM. It rebooted and I got the green android with installing under it. Some text in the top left I don't remember. Then under installer there was something like don't turn this device off. It stood on that menu for at least 30minutes and I knew something was up. So I looked it up and found this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957600). They said to factory reset it, which I did, so I thought whatever Ill do it again. I went into boot recovery canceled the installation and tried to factory reset.

Actual problem: The actual problem is it seems I am stuck in some kind of limbo. My phone works perfectly fine when I boot into recovery but when I try to factory reset or try to install CM again it just sits on that green android screen instead of going back to stock. Since I foolishly didn't back up my ROM as far as I know I can go back. I tried to look up what to do but I am truly stumped. I just want CM on my phone and I don't know what to do from here. Any ideas? If there is a thread that goes over this im sorry for reposting and please refer me to that thread. Otherwise thank you for any help.
Phone Device number SCH-I545
Android 4.3
Kernel version: 3.4.0
Build Number: JSS15J.I545VRUEMK2
If there is any other Info you need Ill post asap.
Again thank you for any help.

You're going to have to use Odin to get back to stock MK2. Research how to do it. Then go to this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501 and read the WHOLE thing. Pay special attention to the stuff typed in RED.
Last edited by riker147; 20th January 2014 at 03:38 AM.
20th January 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #3  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 828

2,437 posts
I can't believe you tried to do any of this with a mk2 phone...countless discussions on what you can and can't do with a S4 based on phone's firmware build number.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread