Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,591 Members 36,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Chrome browser goes Black

Tip us?

eviltwin_52s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Google Chrome browser goes Black

Curious is anyone else having issues with their Google Chrome Browser? I have reset my phone multiple times and it is still happening, so not sure if it is a device issue or Software.

When I open up Google Chrome the first time it will go to the Home Page. Then if I do something else like send a text message or view email, then come back to Google and open it by tapping the Google Icon, the screen will go black and you can see the Web Browser URL. If I hit refresh or tap multiple times in the middle of the screen then the Google web browser will show up again.

I have closed out of all my other applications thinking it was memory, be even after doing this it still does the same thing. When I go back to see what apps are open, nothing is there other than the Chrome browser. I have done a rest multiple times by pushing the small button next to the SIM Card and even done two Master Resets and the issue still occurs.

Do I consider my phone faulty due to this? It is sort of annoying, because this seems to have just started happening.

cCclown
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin_52s View Post
Curious is anyone else having issues with their Google Chrome Browser? I have reset my phone multiple times and it is still happening, so not sure if it is a device issue or Software.

When I open up Google Chrome the first time it will go to the Home Page. Then if I do something else like send a text message or view email, then come back to Google and open it by tapping the Google Icon, the screen will go black and you can see the Web Browser URL. If I hit refresh or tap multiple times in the middle of the screen then the Google web browser will show up again.

I have closed out of all my other applications thinking it was memory, be even after doing this it still does the same thing. When I go back to see what apps are open, nothing is there other than the Chrome browser. I have done a rest multiple times by pushing the small button next to the SIM Card and even done two Master Resets and the issue still occurs.

Do I consider my phone faulty due to this? It is sort of annoying, because this seems to have just started happening.
Don't worry, there's a deadly bug in new Chrome 32.0.1799.99 build.
In this case it doesn't help to delete cache, dalvik, data, mine was force-closing multiple times.
Just downgrade to 31.0.1650.59 and everything will be O.K.

eviltwin_52s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCclown View Post
Don't worry, there's a deadly bug in new Chrome 32.0.1799.99 build.
In this case it doesn't help to delete cache, dalvik, data, mine was force-closing multiple times.
Just downgrade to 31.0.1650.59 and everything will be O.K.

Thanks for the reply, now the stupid question how do I down grade my Chrome browser? I am running the stock Sony Rom on 4.3.

I appreciate your help.

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin_52s View Post
Thanks for the reply, now the stupid question how do I down grade my Chrome browser? I am running the stock Sony Rom on 4.3.

I appreciate your help.
You'll have to dig one up by googling, or you can install Chrome Beta and see if it's fixed.