Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] MJ7 Safestrap flashing Hyperdrive from int SD

OP relt

19th January 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Just switched from an iPhone 4 and I'm raring to get Hyperdrive set up. The phone is rooted, safestrap is set up and a partition is waiting, but everything I've read so far mentions putting the Hyperdrive .zip onto an external SD card. I wasn't planning to get the new S4 till next weekend, so I haven't got a micro SD card around and I won't have one till Tuesday. Can I flash the new ROM from the internal card? Also, will this method of installing a custom ROM over stock work for the S4 as well? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2521899

My guess is no, yes and that I just need to be patient for a few days. Thanks in advance!
19th January 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #2  

3 posts
More
you will be fine to move to internal or external either or. or at least it did for me
dothog
20th January 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #3  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by relt

Just switched from an iPhone 4 and I'm raring to get Hyperdrive set up. The phone is rooted, safestrap is set up and a partition is waiting, but everything I've read so far mentions putting the Hyperdrive .zip onto an external SD card. I wasn't planning to get the new S4 till next weekend, so I haven't got a micro SD card around and I won't have one till Tuesday. Can I flash the new ROM from the internal card? Also, will this method of installing a custom ROM over stock work for the S4 as well? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2521899

My guess is no, yes and that I just need to be patient for a few days. Thanks in advance!

Yeah, you can install any ROM from the internal storage. Its just that, since most apps and content (photos and music) is stored on the internal SD, and TW hogs a lot of storage, its usually easier to use an SD card. However, know this, if theres not enough from to unzip the ROM, it wont install.

For example. I have a HyperDrive MK2 Verizon S4. I have a 2GB SD card that I use for music and photo storage. The HyperDrive ROM is 1.7GB compressed, and must be installed that way. However, extracting it shows its about 2.3GB or so. Because thats larger than the 2GB that SD card holds, you get an error about the zip install failing.

You can install any Touchwiz based ROM, like Hyperdrive, Eclipse TW, or BoneStock, to the stock partition easy. However, t is recommended to back up the stock rooted partition first. Just back up the .system partition, dont worry about /data or /cache or anything. If you need the space, pull the backup to your computer. That way you can easily go back to stock if you need to by factory resetting, wiping system, then restoring to system.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread