Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 45,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Not Recognized?

Tip us?

Froogloops
Old
(Last edited by Froogloops; 18th January 2014 at 11:33 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Battery Not Recognized?

So randomly my brother's Galaxy S3 stopped recognizing receiving power from the battery. He thought maybe the battery was dead but we've tested with my battery (fully charge) and nothing happens. When plugged in with a full charged battery it shows the battery level indicator screen with an empty battery. Any ideas? Have flashed phone back to full stock just in case that was causing issues.

EDIT: Realized the battery is recognized but phone is not getting any power from it. With battery in I can boot into download mode. Without battery in I cannot boot into download mode.

Also re-unlocked bootloader, flashed an old version of CWM and cleared battery stats. No dice.

5ft24
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froogloops View Post
So randomly my brother's Galaxy S3 stopped recognizing receiving power from the battery. He thought maybe the battery was dead but we've tested with my battery (fully charge) and nothing happens. When plugged in with a full charged battery it shows the battery level indicator screen with an empty battery. Any ideas? Have flashed phone back to full stock just in case that was causing issues.

EDIT: Realized the battery is recognized but phone is not getting any power from it. With battery in I can boot into download mode. Without battery in I cannot boot into download mode.

Also re-unlocked bootloader, flashed an old version of CWM and cleared battery stats. No dice.
Did you take the OTA to 4.3 before you downgraded? If so you have a soft brick and can repair it in download mode with ODIN and the stock 4.3 rom file

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Samsung Galaxy S III SCH-I535 Verizon Pebble Blue 16GB
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-I800 Verizon Terenceeng CM11

Froogloops
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ft24 View Post
Did you take the OTA to 4.3 before you downgraded? If so you have a soft brick and can repair it in download mode with ODIN and the stock 4.3 rom file

It's not bricked. If I give it enough power through the charger port I can boot into android just fine.

DiSiD
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Maybe the battery just crapped out? (Maybe need New battery)