Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,849 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my battery normal?

Tip us?
 
coowkeee
Old
(Last edited by coowkeee; 12th January 2014 at 01:16 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 111
Join Date: Oct 2013
Battery Full [Q] Is my battery normal?

Yesterday when I woke up my G2 has 20% battery left, then I charge it to 80%. Then in the evening I charge it again 40%-80%. Then today I woke up again, (In the first SS)I'm just curious why is my "Usage in Battery" reaches 46 hours 29 minutes? It combines the usage on the other day and yesterday. "Expected time to use" is 61 hours, but I know it is not accurate because when I started playing games for like 10mins it goes down to 1hour left haha. And in the second SS, I'm assuming that it also combines the Screen time of the other day and yesterday.

a 20%-80%=60%
b 40%-80%=40%
c a + b = 100% I think it is 1 full cycle and should turn my battery Usage to 0 min again.
Is this normal? I don't really understand how G2's battery works.

I usually charge my G2 two times a day because of games. And charges it when it reaches below 40% to 80%. I don't really drain it and charge it to 100%. Am I doing it right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-12-07-43-06.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	2509883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-12-07-43-12.png
Views:	412
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	2509884  
 
chaki-
Old
#2  
chaki-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 660
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Banana Paradise
Quote:
Originally Posted by coowkeee View Post
Yesterday when I woke up my G2 has 20% battery left, then I charge it to 80%. Then in the evening I charge it again 40%-80%. Then today I woke up again, (In the first SS)I'm just curious why is my "Usage in Battery" reaches 46 hours 29 minutes? It combines the usage on the other day and yesterday. "Expected time to use" is 61 hours, but I know it is not accurate because when I started playing games for like 10mins it goes down to 1hour left haha. And in the second SS, I'm assuming that it also combines the Screen time of the other day and yesterday.

a 20%-80%=60%
b 40%-80%=40%
c a + b = 100% I think it is 1 full cycle and should turn my battery Usage to 0 min again.
Is this normal? I don't really understand how G2's battery works.

I usually charge my G2 two times a day because of games. And charges it when it reaches below 40% to 80%. I don't really drain it and charge it to 100%. Am I doing it right?
I think it is better to charge it 100%.
But if the battery dies you can always replace it


Maybe Levi Strauss should sue Apple too. He came up with the single button concept on pants first. Apple copied him...........

HTC - was great
Moto - is good'ish
LG G2- the best phone i had (for now)
 
clapper66
Old
#3  
clapper66's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 293
Join Date: Apr 2013
I'm a person who tries to not to do what you do because it could over time damage the battery. I always charge to 100% and try to drain it as much as I can before I recharge it.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app
 
ddavtian
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 110
Posts: 460
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapper66 View Post
I'm a person who tries to not to do what you do because it could over time damage the battery. I always charge to 100% and try to drain it as much as I can before I recharge it.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app
And you'll damage your battery faster. Your approach was good for nickel based batteries, not good for lithium-ion.


This is the first link from Google search, there are many posts about it:
http://gizmodo.com/how-to-take-care-...ht-w-513217256
The Following User Says Thank You to ddavtian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zekurosu
Old
#5  
zekurosu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 343
Posts: 1,167
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur
only if you charge it to 100%, then the statistic will starts a new one,

if you're charging up to 80% and disconnect the charger, the statistic will keep from the previous full battery charge statistic.

Evolution of my Android:-
Sammy SII < Note N7K < Note II < SIV < Note N9K5 < LG D802

Current ROM:-
AICP - 5.0 - KK 4.4.2_r2
 
coowkeee
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 111
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekurosu View Post
only if you charge it to 100%, then the statistic will starts a new one,

if you're charging up to 80% and disconnect the charger, the statistic will keep from the previous full battery charge statistic.
Then people who always post their SS of the usage on battery of their phone that are hitting 2-3 days are all just being boastful? haha
That's why I'm always curious about my battery info because it is not always accurate and people tend to believe that their "usage on battery" info are always correct. I'm not saying all, but there are so many.

@chaki- do you know where I can find a replacement battery on my G2? Then if yes I will probably destroy my phone for charging 100% all the time.

@clapper66 , as @ddavtian said, it is for nickel based batteries only and you should change the way you charge your G2.
 
clapper66
Old
#7  
clapper66's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 293
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by coowkeee View Post
Then people who always post their SS of the usage on battery of their phone that are hitting 2-3 days are all just being boastful? haha
That's why I'm always curious about my battery info because it is not always accurate and people tend to believe that their "usage on battery" info are always correct. I'm not saying all, but there are so many.

@chaki- do you know where I can find a replacement battery on my G2? Then if yes I will probably destroy my phone for charging 100% all the time.

@clapper66 , as @ddavtian said, it is for nickel based batteries only and you should change the way you charge your G2.
so its bad to kill a battery down to 10% then re charge to 100%?
 
chaki-
Old
#8  
chaki-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 660
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Banana Paradise
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapper66 View Post
so its bad to kill a battery down to 10% then re charge to 100%?
I have been using my phones always the same way when it comes to charging.
Have never had issues with the batterys.
My sensation xl is more then 2 years old and still can standby more then 36hr wifi etc. on with the original battery.
What destroying are you talking about?
Thats the same if you don't drive your car, not to change your car battery......
At the end i bought that phone to use it, not other way arround.
One battery doesn't cost the world. There are service shops that can change it.


Maybe Levi Strauss should sue Apple too. He came up with the single button concept on pants first. Apple copied him...........

HTC - was great
Moto - is good'ish
LG G2- the best phone i had (for now)
 
robin786
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 321
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: KL
That link is a good read. Gonna try it from now on as this beast of a phone needs proper care as well :what:

Sent from my LG-D802

Tags
battery, battery proble, lgg2
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more

Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more

Keep Track of How Much Your Car Truly Costs with Car Logbook

It’s a very well established fact that cars are expensive. In addition to … more