FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Difference between Hard reset and taking battery apart

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By Archector, Member on 17th January 2014, 04:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have a bricked Xperia Ion that would boot loop on sony logo without being recognized by my computer and as far as I tried, I cant get it to flashmode. It's a Kernel issue because when my phone exits low charging mode, it just bootloops again until the battery drains itself.

It's a lt28at, so my bootloader is locked. Here where I live (venezuela) is difficult to find the apropiate tools to take apart my phone and unplug the battery from the mainboard, but i had already tried hard reseting my phone twice, leaving it to charge and then as soon the red led dissapears, I prepare flashtool with my firmware and connect it keeping the down volume key pressed with no luck.

I*ll keep trying, everybody says my phone is impossible to brick due to the locked bootloader but I have a question that needs to be answered:

Hard reseting the phone does the same effect than taking my batery apart and leave the phone 10-15 to reset itself?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
 
 
17th January 2014, 11:59 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
No the hard reset is not the same. For some reason the device will freak out causing this issue. Taking the device apart and unplug the battery is the best way to get your phone running again. It takes allot less time and is not hard to do with a bit of mechanical knowledge. If you want to try the other way then listen careful. When you do the reset with power and volume there is actually three phases. We know about the one buzz and three buzz. If you have payed attention while doing it you may have noticed that just before the first buzz the screen will bleed out and shut off. If you do that after it starts to loop from charging it should then allow you to plug it in to the computer in flash mode.

Keep in mind if it does buzz you will most likely have to start over. So as soon as you see it let go of the buttons. Hope it helps.
19th January 2014, 02:39 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Ok, so I get the first buzz, then immediately i left the up button to press the down button while connecting to pc with flashmode ready? I don't know what i'm doing wrong, because it just starts to loop again.
19th January 2014, 02:56 AM |#4  
varunpilankar's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Try reinstalling your Flash tool & the drivers of your device is might help you to detect flashboot


Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
19th January 2014, 04:33 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archector

Ok, so I get the first buzz, then immediately i left the up button to press the down button while connecting to pc with flashmode ready? I don't know what i'm doing wrong, because it just starts to loop again.

No you can not let it buzz. You must let go as soon as you see the screen start to bleed out. It does this just before the first buzz. Again if you watch it while holding the buttons the screen will start to shut off. As soon as you see it you must let go of the buttons. If you do it right it will shut off and then you can try to connect it with flash mode. Also before you set up your flash make sure the device connects and loads the flash driver. Then you can flash your file.
Last edited by zackspeed; 19th January 2014 at 04:36 PM.
19th January 2014, 07:07 PM |#6  
EEngineer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackspeed

When you do the reset with power and volume there is actually three phases. We know about the one buzz and three buzz. If you have payed attention while doing it you may have noticed that just before the first buzz the screen will bleed out and shut off. If you do that after it starts to loop from charging it should then allow you to plug it in to the computer in flash mode.

Keep in mind if it does buzz you will most likely have to start over. So as soon as you see it let go of the buttons. Hope it helps.

I'm new to the Ion, so I don't understand this thing about the one buzz and three buzzes... can you explain what this means?
19th January 2014, 07:46 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer

I'm new to the Ion, so I don't understand this thing about the one buzz and three buzzes... can you explain what this means?

The newer Sony devices have a reset function seeing as most have internal battery's. By holding the power and volume + keys it will do one of three things.

1 After about three seconds the screen will go off almost like it bleeds out. This is force shut off.

2 If you keep holding the buttons it will buzz once. This is force reboot.

3 If you continue to hold them it will buzz three times. This is a force reset. Almost like a battery pull type situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to zackspeed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 10:30 PM |#8  
EEngineer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Thanks so much.
With a stock kernel, how reliable is this?

_______________________________________
Sent from my G2X using the XDA App. Please excuse my brevity.
20th January 2014, 02:42 AM |#9  
varunpilankar's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
This is hardware integrated function.. Even if you flash any other kernel.. This function still remains the same.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes