iPhone MMS not appearing on Messages but they show fine on Google Hangouts... WTH?!?
This one has me scratching my head looking for answers. I noticed this problem a while ago where my friends MMS sent from iPhones were not appearing on my Messages, I have the option for "fetch MMS automatically" and all I get is the little cloud but its blank, it only shows the time it was received, I've also tried disabling the fetch MMS automatically and even when downloading them it shows me the blank cloud. The doozy comes when I tried using Hangouts just to see what it was and to my surprise I could see all my SMS and MMS conversations from my contacts and all the pictures from the iPhone contacts were shown via Hangouts but they do not show on the stock Messages app.
Things I've tried:
1) Googling for answers only resulted in fanboyism comments and speculations that led to more fanboyism.
2) At first I tried contacting my carrier and they made me reset the APN settings to default, which I did and it was after that that I realized that it was only the iPhone MMS messages that weren't being received.
3) Tried disabling the Hangouts services via the Apps option on the settings menu. Restarted phone and still wouldn't work.
4) Been restarting my phone with each setting I change to see if it helps but no.
5) Been bugging my friends to send me MMS from their iPhones and one did get through but nothing more after that.
6) Made sure their iPhones had the setting of "Send MMS when iChat isn't available" enabled.
7) Made sure my old iPhone account was signed out of my old iPhone 4 so I wasn't receiving anymore iMessages.
I'm speculating that I either need to call my carrier again which is Claro PR and explain the situation to see if it helps, or maybe go to a store. Also, I've been thinking about Rooting my phone so I can uninstall some of the bloat, which included Hangouts but don't want to go down that path yet and I don't know if it would really help anything since I already tried disabling the service via the Apps options.
Please help me figure this out, I love this phone but this thing is bugging the hell out of me.