Things I've tried:
1) Googling for answers only resulted in fanboyism comments and speculations that led to more fanboyism.
2) At first I tried contacting my carrier and they made me reset the APN settings to default, which I did and it was after that that I realized that it was only the iPhone MMS messages that weren't being received.
3) Tried disabling the Hangouts services via the Apps option on the settings menu. Restarted phone and still wouldn't work.
4) Been restarting my phone with each setting I change to see if it helps but no.
5) Been bugging my friends to send me MMS from their iPhones and one did get through but nothing more after that.
6) Made sure their iPhones had the setting of "Send MMS when iChat isn't available" enabled.
7) Made sure my old iPhone account was signed out of my old iPhone 4 so I wasn't receiving anymore iMessages.
I'm speculating that I either need to call my carrier again which is Claro PR and explain the situation to see if it helps, or maybe go to a store. Also, I've been thinking about Rooting my phone so I can uninstall some of the bloat, which included Hangouts but don't want to go down that path yet and I don't know if it would really help anything since I already tried disabling the service via the Apps options.
Please help me figure this out, I love this phone but this thing is bugging the hell out of me.