Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC one! Well... I bricked it. (noob)

Tip us?

Officerfatboy
Old
(Last edited by Officerfatboy; 15th January 2014 at 12:42 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC one! Well... I bricked it. (noob)

So first off let me say that clearly i'm not any sort of expert. I was fooling around with different roms for my htc one and read somewhere that a OTA to 4.4 was available for the stock rom. After reverting to the stock rom (official release) I found that I could not install the update because of the version of TWRP I had installed. Apparently it was not current enough. Anyway I installed clockwork mod only to find out that (again) i installed an older version. Sooooo I installed the newest version or TWRP I could find aaaaannnndddd..... Bootloop. When I try to enter recovery it shows the clockworkmod Icon then reboots and stays that way until the battery dies (which is built in of course and not removable). Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Java Baba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down Search for your device first before making a thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officerfatboy View Post
So first off let me say that clearly i'm not any sort of expert. I was fooling around with different roms for my htc one and read somewhere that a OTA to 4.4 was available for the stock rom. After reverting to the stock rom (official release) I found that I could not install the update because of the version of TWRP I had installed. Apparently it was not current enough. Anyway I installed clockwork mod only to find out that (again) i installed an older version. Sooooo I installed the newest version or TWRP I could find aaaaannnndddd..... Bootloop. When I try to enter recovery it shows the clockworkmod Icon then reboots and stays that way until the battery dies (which is built in of course and not removable). Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Here is the link of HTC One section on XDA. Head to that and choose from available ROMs :

HTC One - XDA

Enjoy..!!

Officerfatboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Baba View Post
Here is the link of HTC One section on XDA. Head to that and choose from available ROMs :

HTC One - XDA

Enjoy..!!
Well the issue is I cant install a working rom becuase my recovery doesnt work either.

jags_the1
Old
Thanks Meter 218
Quote:
Well the issue is I cant install a working rom becuase my recovery doesnt work either.
its not even close to a brick. rest you should find out .

or

Just call it a brick and buy a new phone.
HTC One

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Can you install twrp through fastboot on HTC devices?

If so, reinstall it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Pain-N-Panic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Java Baba
Old
(Last edited by Java Baba; 16th January 2014 at 07:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Tutorial setup ADB and FASTBOOT first

Quote:
Well okay...
First of all head to this link and download the desired recovery image from the list (with or without TOUCH- both are equally functional) :

http: // www clockworkmod com/ rommanager

( REMOVE SPACES IN BETWEEN THE LINK TEXT)

Go to fastboot mode (from ur device):

Switch off the device, press & hold Volume down + power key simultaneously till you get a special mode.
This special mode is nothing but a Bootloader. In bootloader, select fastboot mode option (using Volume keys & power button)

Now put the recovery image which u have downloaded into the working folder of ADB.

Now Check u are in fastboot mode or not:
Code:
fastboot devices
If your device is listed with above code then enter this code in terminal:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery ----------.img
replace the ------ with your recently downloaded CWM recovery image filename i.e.recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-m7.img
All done...
Now Boot into recovery and Do whatever you want..!!
GL...!!

Officerfatboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain-N-Panic View Post
Can you install twrp through fastboot on HTC devices?

If so, reinstall it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium
I didn't know you could do that! thanks! super fixed! : )