Originally Posted by kj2112
Why would you not activate the phone? Just curious.
Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
no need.... I bought it at $69.99 and planned to use it as a WIFI-only device.
($79.99 - promo gift card)
It has worked great for the last few days as a WIFI-only device for things like:
(1) toilet phone (public and home toilets)
(2) satellite DVR remote
(3) MP3 player at airports
(4) Chromecast controller
(5) price checker at stores (Amazon price checker)
(6) cat toy with the appropriate apps (catching fish)
(7) jogging tracker in the back pocket (fits)
(8) flashlight (faster, brighter than my pocket Maglite)
(9) travel alarm clock (forgetting it in hotel is okay)
(10) etc, etc, etc....
I don't like to take out my main phones(Note II and Note 3) for these trivial
uses. Even if I drop it in the toilet, I'm not going to cry over $69.99... well
unless the thing gets stuck in the toilet and I have to call a real plumber?
Having said that, I would still like to know if I have the option of activating it
on my postpaid Verizon Wireless account in 6 months. (in case I need to use
it as a spare phone)