Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Link to Stock Recovery needed

OP Camoxjeep

17th January 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #1  
Camoxjeep's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
I have twrp installed and would like to reinstall the stock recovery. Anyone have a link?

I have Verizon VS980 (I assume i have a D802-anyone know how to tell?). thanks
18th January 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #2  
MarkAtHome's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 301
 
1,336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camoxjeep

I have twrp installed and would like to reinstall the stock recovery. Anyone have a link?

I have Verizon VS980 (I assume i have a D802-anyone know how to tell?). thanks

That would be very helpful to have. I have a D801.

Thanks for suggesting it.

___________________
Sent from my LG G2 (D801) using XDA Premium
18th January 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #3  
Life Engineer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jounieh
Thanks Meter: 231
 
1,073 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Damn! I once backuped original recovery via flashify but now going to flashify app or to its data on internal memory, I cannot find anything anymore! That most certainly happened when I changed roms between stocks and AOSPs...

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th January 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #4  
Camoxjeep's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Engineer

Damn! I once backuped original recovery via flashify but now going to flashify app or to its data on internal memory, I cannot find anything anymore! That most certainly happened when I changed roms between stocks and AOSPs...

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

How do you do it using flashify so someone here can get us a copy? thanks
19th January 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #5  
Life Engineer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jounieh
Thanks Meter: 231
 
1,073 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
If you are rooted but still on stock recovery, you go into flashify and go to backup/restore tab! From there you choose "backup current recovery".

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th January 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #6  
Member
Jersey Shore
Thanks Meter: 22
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camoxjeep

How do you do it using flashify so someone here can get us a copy? thanks

I have a Flashify VS980 stock recovery image backup on my sdcard if you want to give it a shot. Obviously the old I don't take responsibility if something applies here. Lol. I've never tried to restore it. Let me know and I'll try to PM you a link to my box account so you can download it.
19th January 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #7  
Camoxjeep's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbo19

I have a Flashify VS980 stock recovery image backup on my sdcard if you want to give it a shot. Obviously the old I don't take responsibility if something applies here. Lol. I've never tried to restore it. Let me know and I'll try to PM you a link to my box account so you can download it.

Yes that would be great. thanks and I'll try it. if anything I'll have to reinstall trwp
19th January 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #8  
Camoxjeep's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
ok, flashed the stock recovery image you sent thru flashify. Seemed to work but when I try to go to recovery it shows LG then at the top seems to give options then screen goes black and nothing. I did hold the power button for 10 seconds till it vibrated and rebooted. Phone restarted then I decided to defrost the app that checks for OTA. Now I'm stuck on the recovery section with a black screen I think all because I forgot to temp unroot before I decided to try and take the OTA Doesnt seem like the flash worked correctly either so I guess I'm going completely back to stock and lose all my info unless someone has a workaround?

THanks
20th January 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #9  
MarkAtHome's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 301
 
1,336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camoxjeep

I have twrp installed and would like to reinstall the stock recovery. Anyone have a link?

I have Verizon VS980 (I assume i have a D802-anyone know how to tell?). thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAtHome

That would be very helpful to have. I have a D801.

Thanks for suggesting it.

I have since found a source here: http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2
Last edited by MarkAtHome; 20th January 2014 at 04:33 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes