Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked Kindle Fire! Please help!

Tip us?

Jwag10
Old
(Last edited by Jwag10; 7th January 2014 at 12:02 AM.) Reason: More information.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bricked Kindle Fire! Please help!

I have bricked my kindle fire and need help. I have apparently wiped the OS from my kindle fire and failed to backup everything before I started. I can access TWRP but the PC(using windows xp) will not recognize the kindle. If I let it boot "normal" (gets stuck at logo) the PC will partially recognize the kindle but I have no access to the files on kindle (only recognized in device manager). I get an error on Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.9 stating that the "system/bin.sh" file cant be found or something like that. Please help as I have read and read and tried everything but to no avail.

md.mohsin786
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Post phone

which phone you have

Jwag10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by md.mohsin786 View Post
which phone you have
why does it matter what phone I have? I have a samsung galaxy s3.

Jwag10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwag10 View Post
I have bricked my kindle fire and need help. I have apparently wiped the OS from my kindle fire and failed to backup everything before I started. I can access TWRP but the PC(using windows xp) will not recognize the kindle. If I let it boot "normal" (gets stuck at logo) the PC will partially recognize the kindle but I have no access to the files on kindle (only recognized in device manager). I get an error on Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.9 stating that the "system/bin.sh" file cant be found or something like that. Please help as I have read and read and tried everything but to no avail.
Ok. So I still have not solved my problem but somehow in the command prompt I am showing a device when I type in "adb devices" but now I'm worried about what to do or where to go from here. Can someone please help me.

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwag10 View Post
Ok. So I still have not solved my problem but somehow in the command prompt I am showing a device when I type in "adb devices" but now I'm worried about what to do or where to go from here. Can someone please help me.
Jwag when you get time pm me your phone number its an easy fix I will help you fix it.