Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 40,357 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] help kindle fire bricked!!!!!!!!!!

Tip us?

elmolisa885
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [q] help kindle fire bricked!!!!!!!!!!

Look I really need help. When I was trying to install a rom on my kindle i accidentally wiped the system. I wiped everything!!! And i'm sure of it!!! And so i looked up what to do and it said I need to Update My Kindle again so i loaded the update with twrp and I rebooted and It made it worse!!! My kindle is just stuck at the logo screen and I have no idea what to do. I've looked up unbricking tools but they always say "Device Not Found". I've alway been kind of a jailbreak/rooting person but this is new to me. Please explain as best as you can because i'm only a kid and i'm new to the whole rooting or installing android on your kindle kind of thing. I also don't know if this is the right place to post this but if it isnt please don't get mad.

Please if you can give specific instruction on what to do. If you can also please give me instructions on how to install cyanogen on my kindle so I don't mess up again.

I have the first Kindle Fire and I want to install CM11.0 on my kindle.

serendipityguy
Old
Thanks Meter 464
Lightbulb Read This

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmolisa885 View Post
Look I really need help. When I was trying to install a rom on my kindle i accidentally wiped the system. I wiped everything!!! And i'm sure of it!!! And so i looked up what to do and it said I need to Update My Kindle again so i loaded the update with twrp and I rebooted and It made it worse!!! My kindle is just stuck at the logo screen and I have no idea what to do. I've looked up unbricking tools but they always say "Device Not Found". I've alway been kind of a jailbreak/rooting person but this is new to me. Please explain as best as you can because i'm only a kid and i'm new to the whole rooting or installing android on your kindle kind of thing. I also don't know if this is the right place to post this but if it isnt please don't get mad.

Please if you can give specific instruction on what to do. If you can also please give me instructions on how to install cyanogen on my kindle so I don't mess up again.

Read This

elmolisa885
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I Looked at it and it doesn't seem to solve my problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityguy View Post
I read the unbricking section of the guide and it doesn't help me very much. I think the one I need to do Is buy the special usb cable and I don't want to do that....I there another way? I'm so confused....

anactoraaron
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
I read the unbricking section of the guide and it doesn't help me very much. I think the one I need to do Is buy the special usb cable and I don't want to do that....I there another way? I'm so confused....
I could be wrong, but it sounds like you are stuck in fastboot mode after flashing twrp. I don't think you are bricked. You can confirm this by using fastboot from your pc.

FWIW, wiping system is ok when flashing a rom - but wiping internal storage before flashing will leave you without any file to flash. Simply push the rom to the sd card on kindle (google it). You may have to reboot recovery for twrp to show the newly added file.

So bottom line - change the bootmode from fastboot to normal. Boot into recovery. Push new rom/gapps using adb. Reboot recovery. Flash new rom and gapps.

I think with so many threads like this folks are just sick of directing people to all the other multiple threads that would tell you how to fix this. Next time please use the 'search' feature (not trying to be rude here, but the first rule of XDA is to search).
Phones:
Nexus 5 Black 32GB - Faux kernel stock OS

Tablets:
Nook HD+ 16gb - CM11 OFFICIAL (emmc version) thanks verygreen!

Are you new? Please read this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1699450 before posting.

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1042
Quote:

If you flashed update.zip sounds to me like you have a broken or missing shell. In which cases you will need a factory cable found here post 9 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1392693 . This will force it into fastboot so you can reflash fff and twrp then add a running OS.