Mobogenie and other apps

Tip us?

PerryTrademark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Mobogenie and other apps

Hello,

I have this issue : when i use browser from my moto defy to surf the net it randomly opens google play all the time to some apps like mobogenie or DU batter saver and other similar apps. How can i disable this strange behaviour?

iAyush
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTrademark View Post
Hello,

I have this issue : when i use browser from my moto defy to surf the net it randomly opens google play all the time to some apps like mobogenie or DU batter saver and other similar apps. How can i disable this strange behaviour?
That's pretty common these days, any time you're browsing on Internet, it automatically downloads Mobogenie.apk because it is an advertisement. The website owners are paid for such downloads, so whenever you visit that particular website, these type of downloads begin automatically as they are sponsored.

Disabling hmm... avoid those websites, or maybe you're clicking on illegitimate download links which causes this problem (Seen many websites with 100s of download buttons in a single page - so confusing!)

ALL IN ONE APP FOR CRICKET LOVERS
Follow Me On:

Do Hit The "THANKS" Button If I Helped You!
The Following User Says Thank You to iAyush For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PerryTrademark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAyush View Post
That's pretty common these days, any time you're browsing on Internet, it automatically downloads Mobogenie.apk because it is an advertisement. The website owners are paid for such downloads, so whenever you visit that particular website, these type of downloads begin automatically as they are sponsored.

Disabling hmm... avoid those websites, or maybe you're clicking on illegitimate download links which causes this problem (Seen many websites with 100s of download buttons in a single page - so confusing!)
The website i usually browse when mobogenie pops up is xda! Also i dont click anything, i am aware of these strange download links...I dont care about the ads but this thing of getting the play store popping up all the time is really starting to get on my nerves...I'll update the post if i find a solution, thx for the answer!

KnieveI
Old
(Last edited by KnieveI; 20th January 2014 at 04:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTrademark View Post
Hello,

Hi.
Also had this problem surfing on XDA.
Automatic download of Mobogenie and redirecting to Play Store.
With a clean flash of my rom without restore of my apps it seems to be gone, so far.
So it could have been some of my apps causing this.
Thanks
Knievel

Edit. Nope. Its back.
Only on my Chinese tablet, not on my Nexus 5.
Have not seen this when using Dolphin browser though.
The Following User Says Thank You to KnieveI For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]