Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] SGS4 WiFi/Bluetooth Death, ZERO working solutions, willing to pay.

OP Wexberg

20th January 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi everyone, I'll try to keep this as concise and clear as possible. Thanks in advanced for reading this.

Phone: SGS4
Running: Android 4.3
Carrier: Bell Canada
Rooted: No
Rom: Stock TouchWiz.

Problem: The phone will not turn on WiFi or Bluetooth. If you attempt to switch either on, it remains a dim green for a few seconds and then turns back off shortly after.

Solutions tried:
(a) Battery pull.
- Unsuccessful. (At first, if battery pulled during Samsung logo animation after restarting from ON state, both WiFi/Bluetooth would turn on again, sometimes for minutes, sometimes hours. Eventually, this stopped working. It would only work on a restart pulling the battery during the animation, never at any other time)
(b) Update to latest firmware through Samsung Kies.
- Unsuccessful.
(c) Boot into safe mode to see if any applications were the cause.
- Unsuccessful.
(d) Wipe device clean and start fresh.
- Unsuccessful.
(e) Change WiFi power saving state to off through *#0011# menu.
- Unsuccessful.

I have not tried loading other roms or kernels.

A quick google search shows that many people have the same problem, I have yet to find a working solution. If anyone here can point me in the right direction, I'm willing to pay at this point. I cannot return it to Samsung as there is a crack on the screen which has voided the warranty. I could fix the screen and try sending it in but I'm hoping for a software solution.

I feel as if it is not a hardware issue as the battery pulls worked initially.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Once again, I'm willing to pay for a working solution, the number is up to you as long as it is reasonable.
20th January 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

171 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wexberg

Hi everyone, I'll try to keep this as concise and clear as possible. Thanks in advanced for reading this.

Phone: SGS4
Running: Android 4.3
Carrier: Bell Canada
Rooted: No
Rom: Stock TouchWiz.

Problem: The phone will not turn on WiFi or Bluetooth. If you attempt to switch either on, it remains a dim green for a few seconds and then turns back off shortly after.

Solutions tried:
(a) Battery pull.
- Unsuccessful. (At first, if battery pulled during Samsung logo animation after restarting from ON state, both WiFi/Bluetooth would turn on again, sometimes for minutes, sometimes hours. Eventually, this stopped working. It would only work on a restart pulling the battery during the animation, never at any other time)
(b) Update to latest firmware through Samsung Kies.
- Unsuccessful.
(c) Boot into safe mode to see if any applications were the cause.
- Unsuccessful.
(d) Wipe device clean and start fresh.
- Unsuccessful.
(e) Change WiFi power saving state to off through *#0011# menu.
- Unsuccessful.

I have not tried loading other roms or kernels.

A quick google search shows that many people have the same problem, I have yet to find a working solution. If anyone here can point me in the right direction, I'm willing to pay at this point. I cannot return it to Samsung as there is a crack on the screen which has voided the warranty. I could fix the screen and try sending it in but I'm hoping for a software solution.

I feel as if it is not a hardware issue as the battery pulls worked initially.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Once again, I'm willing to pay for a working solution, the number is up to you as long as it is reasonable.

I'm with you. Pulling my hair out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread