XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why update to 4.3

Tip us?

Globel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Why update to 4.3

Is there any reason to update from 4.2.2 to 4.3 other then the galaxy gear? Camera improvements or stability would be cool. In the notes it says nothing really, and it took so Long compared to the other phones. Where is 4.4 maybe we can get a small UI change.

fegarciaii
Old
Thanks Meter 5
After the OTA to 4.3, I can now get text messages read to me in my Honda through the Honda system using both my Active and Note 2. Just for this, the update was worth it so my wife doesn't fumble around with the phone with the baby in the back.

Avail211
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Shouldn't text and drive to begin with. There's never a more important text vs paying attention while driving.

Other than losing root and getting the ability to use a Galaxy Gear (maybe?) it doesn't look like much of an update.

veearegee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default GPS No Longer Functioning

After updating to 4.3, my GPS can't get a lock on my location. Does anyone else have the same issue?

iflyer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by veearegee View Post
After updating to 4.3, my GPS can't get a lock on my location. Does anyone else have the same issue?
I got "lock" (sort of), but very poor performance. My GPS thought I was about mile south of actual location. Stayed that way for about 20 miles while driving (paralleling my actual position). Finally caught up to accurate position after 20 minutes.

Other problems since OTA 4.3:

Worse reception. At a location known for poor reception but usually enough signal for phone/text. I had 4 bars cellular and 4GLTE indicated. Tried making a call and got the "emergency call only" notification. Never saw that while bars and data both reflected on top of screen. Never lost bars or data indication but unable to make call until moving to different location. I know the bars are arbitrary and I was too busy trying to make a call to check actual signal strength in "about phone" but I thought it odd that even after getting the "Emergency Calls only" the phone continued to show 4 bars and good data.

Chrome browser freezes occasionally. The screen goes black except the upper left 480x540 pixels that remain on last image. Required FC to fix.

All three issues showed up within 24 hrs of 4.3 update, no prior history.

ohwarumbloss
Old
Thanks Meter 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by fegarciaii View Post
After the OTA to 4.3, I can now get text messages read to me in my Honda through the Honda system using both my Active and Note 2. Just for this, the update was worth it so my wife doesn't fumble around with the phone with the baby in the back.
Oh, I'm so glad that Samsung managed to make traffic so much safer with one simple and quick delivered update.
Awesome Company.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using xda app-developers app
"...the more I see, the less I believe..."