Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Why update to 4.3

OP Globel

19th January 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

66 posts
Is there any reason to update from 4.2.2 to 4.3 other then the galaxy gear? Camera improvements or stability would be cool. In the notes it says nothing really, and it took so Long compared to the other phones. Where is 4.4 maybe we can get a small UI change.
20th January 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 9

52 posts
After the OTA to 4.3, I can now get text messages read to me in my Honda through the Honda system using both my Active and Note 2. Just for this, the update was worth it so my wife doesn't fumble around with the phone with the baby in the back.
20th January 2014, 02:29 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

64 posts
More
Shouldn't text and drive to begin with. There's never a more important text vs paying attention while driving.

Other than losing root and getting the ability to use a Galaxy Gear (maybe?) it doesn't look like much of an update.
20th January 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
GPS No Longer Functioning
After updating to 4.3, my GPS can't get a lock on my location. Does anyone else have the same issue?
20th January 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veearegee

After updating to 4.3, my GPS can't get a lock on my location. Does anyone else have the same issue?

I got "lock" (sort of), but very poor performance. My GPS thought I was about mile south of actual location. Stayed that way for about 20 miles while driving (paralleling my actual position). Finally caught up to accurate position after 20 minutes.

Other problems since OTA 4.3:

Worse reception. At a location known for poor reception but usually enough signal for phone/text. I had 4 bars cellular and 4GLTE indicated. Tried making a call and got the "emergency call only" notification. Never saw that while bars and data both reflected on top of screen. Never lost bars or data indication but unable to make call until moving to different location. I know the bars are arbitrary and I was too busy trying to make a call to check actual signal strength in "about phone" but I thought it odd that even after getting the "Emergency Calls only" the phone continued to show 4 bars and good data.

Chrome browser freezes occasionally. The screen goes black except the upper left 480x540 pixels that remain on last image. Required FC to fix.

All three issues showed up within 24 hrs of 4.3 update, no prior history.
20th January 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #6  
Flag Kalletal
Thanks Meter: 506

723 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fegarciaii

After the OTA to 4.3, I can now get text messages read to me in my Honda through the Honda system using both my Active and Note 2. Just for this, the update was worth it so my wife doesn't fumble around with the phone with the baby in the back.

Oh, I'm so glad that Samsung managed to make traffic so much safer with one simple and quick delivered update.
Awesome Company.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread