XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

did i just killed my phone ??

Tip us?

jaswinky
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5d View Post
sure , i know how to enter download mode (home+power+V.down ), PLUS i used USB JIG.
Try as last chance connecting the data cable to pc, then push vol- and while pushing it plug in the data cable connected to the pc. If it doesn't enter in download mode, service center (i am really site you are the first one in the world with a hard brick).

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Service centre (Some people need to stop building people's hopes up/giving them false hope on here, it achieves nothing other than very disappointed people).
You are wrong, service center takes up to one or two month while he will be without he phone. Sometimes people doesn't know battery could be completely dead, or a different way to enter in download, etc... What could solve the issue in only some minutes instead months. This is one of the reason people in xda are here trying to help people. When every software actuation (or an very easy hardware manipulation) is done unsuccessfully, people advice to take it to service center.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote:
OK then , but can i buy the motherboard online ??
No, this is the only part from a smartphone you can't buy as a separately part, because changing motherboard would change also completely your phone, imei, etc... And possibly the price would be close to the price for a new s4... It would have no sense.

TheUnknownThing
Old
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
Did you mess around with bootloader related stuff? If you have, chances are that you have unfourtanatly bricked your device. Let hope that's not the case.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Device: Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Rom: Stock + CWM 5.0.2.6
Pressing the " " button really helps me

b5d
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
thank you guys for the help ,

jaswinky , i tried but nothing happened

TheUnknownThing, i didn't touch the recovery or anything in month if i messed around with bootloader i think it will brick instantly.

my phone now is just a worthless plastic that have galaxy s4 screen in it , and yep i will sell the screen

smep
Old
Thanks Meter 36
No warranty ?

Sent from dish washer

jaswinky
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
thank you guys for the help ,

jaswinky , i tried but nothing happened

TheUnknownThing, i didn't touch the recovery or anything in month if i messed around with bootloader i think it will brick instantly.

my phone now is just a worthless plastic that have galaxy s4 screen in it , and yep i will sell the screen
Take it to the service center, they will give you a diagnostic and a proposal for the reparation, and then you will decide if you want to pay for a functional repaired s4, or you just want to sell it as separately parts...

TheUnknownThing
Old
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
May I ask, where did you exactly buy it from. Sometimes if you bought it straight from a shop such as Vodafone, Optus, AT&T etc they may repair it. Mine was a hard brick. No power whatsoever and my carrier repaired it for free (thankfully) Since the s4 is a popular, they may be able to repair it in a somewhat short time

b5d
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownThing View Post
May I ask, where did you exactly buy it from. Sometimes if you bought it straight from a shop such as Vodafone, Optus, AT&T etc they may repair it. Mine was a hard brick. No power whatsoever and my carrier repaired it for free (thankfully) Since the s4 is a popular, they may be able to repair it in a somewhat short time

no i there is no warranty on the phone ...loooong story

and i bought it from small shop ...

i first bought the i9500 but i didn't like it ...(heat,few ROMs,lag) and it was from AT&T but then i sold it
and i got the i9505 with bad warranty (it's cheaper) i didn't want to lose so much money in the swap from 9500 to 9505...Annnnnd i lost more now ...it was a lesson , a hard one

TheUnknownThing
Old
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
no i there is no warranty on the phone ...loooong story

and i bought it from small shop ...

i first bought the i9500 but i didn't like it ...(heat,few ROMs,lag) and it was from AT&T but then i sold it
and i got the i9505 with bad warranty (it's cheaper) i didn't want to lose so much money in the swap from 9500 to 9505...Annnnnd i lost more now ...it was a lesson , a hard one
I see. Well we can't really do much to help cure your i9005. It was a experience though..

smep
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Take parts of it.......check videos on YouTube. .... I did that with mine twice. ... its fun

Have a close look inside ....smell or burn....you may get it fixed eventually .

Sent from dish washer