5,596,354 Members 38,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

did i just killed my phone ??

Tip us?
 
jaswinky
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 572
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5d View Post
sure , i know how to enter download mode (home+power+V.down ), PLUS i used USB JIG.
Try as last chance connecting the data cable to pc, then push vol- and while pushing it plug in the data cable connected to the pc. If it doesn't enter in download mode, service center (i am really site you are the first one in the world with a hard brick).

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Service centre (Some people need to stop building people's hopes up/giving them false hope on here, it achieves nothing other than very disappointed people).
You are wrong, service center takes up to one or two month while he will be without he phone. Sometimes people doesn't know battery could be completely dead, or a different way to enter in download, etc... What could solve the issue in only some minutes instead months. This is one of the reason people in xda are here trying to help people. When every software actuation (or an very easy hardware manipulation) is done unsuccessfully, people advice to take it to service center.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by b5d View Post
OK then , but can i buy the motherboard online ??
No, this is the only part from a smartphone you can't buy as a separately part, because changing motherboard would change also completely your phone, imei, etc... And possibly the price would be close to the price for a new s4... It would have no sense.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2
 
TheUnknownThing
Old
#12  
TheUnknownThing's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 107
Posts: 146
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Melbourne

 
DONATE TO ME
Did you mess around with bootloader related stuff? If you have, chances are that you have unfourtanatly bricked your device. Let hope that's not the case.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Device: Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Rom: Stock + CWM 5.0.2.6
Pressing the " " button really helps me
 
b5d
Old
#13  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2012
thank you guys for the help ,

jaswinky , i tried but nothing happened

TheUnknownThing, i didn't touch the recovery or anything in month if i messed around with bootloader i think it will brick instantly.


my phone now is just a worthless plastic that have galaxy s4 screen in it , and yep i will sell the screen
 
smep
Old
#14  
smep's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 218
Join Date: Jul 2013
No warranty ?

Sent from dish washer
 
jaswinky
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 572
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5d View Post
thank you guys for the help ,

jaswinky , i tried but nothing happened

TheUnknownThing, i didn't touch the recovery or anything in month if i messed around with bootloader i think it will brick instantly.


my phone now is just a worthless plastic that have galaxy s4 screen in it , and yep i will sell the screen
Take it to the service center, they will give you a diagnostic and a proposal for the reparation, and then you will decide if you want to pay for a functional repaired s4, or you just want to sell it as separately parts...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2
 
TheUnknownThing
Old
#16  
TheUnknownThing's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 107
Posts: 146
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Melbourne

 
DONATE TO ME
May I ask, where did you exactly buy it from. Sometimes if you bought it straight from a shop such as Vodafone, Optus, AT&T etc they may repair it. Mine was a hard brick. No power whatsoever and my carrier repaired it for free (thankfully) Since the s4 is a popular, they may be able to repair it in a somewhat short time


Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Device: Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Rom: Stock + CWM 5.0.2.6
Pressing the " " button really helps me
 
b5d
Old
#17  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownThing View Post
May I ask, where did you exactly buy it from. Sometimes if you bought it straight from a shop such as Vodafone, Optus, AT&T etc they may repair it. Mine was a hard brick. No power whatsoever and my carrier repaired it for free (thankfully) Since the s4 is a popular, they may be able to repair it in a somewhat short time


Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
no i there is no warranty on the phone ...loooong story

and i bought it from small shop ...

i first bought the i9500 but i didn't like it ...(heat,few ROMs,lag) and it was from AT&T but then i sold it
and i got the i9505 with bad warranty (it's cheaper) i didn't want to lose so much money in the swap from 9500 to 9505...Annnnnd i lost more now ...it was a lesson , a hard one
 
TheUnknownThing
Old
#18  
TheUnknownThing's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 107
Posts: 146
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Melbourne

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5d View Post
no i there is no warranty on the phone ...loooong story

and i bought it from small shop ...

i first bought the i9500 but i didn't like it ...(heat,few ROMs,lag) and it was from AT&T but then i sold it
and i got the i9505 with bad warranty (it's cheaper) i didn't want to lose so much money in the swap from 9500 to 9505...Annnnnd i lost more now ...it was a lesson , a hard one
I see. Well we can't really do much to help cure your i9005. It was a experience though..
Device: Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Rom: Stock + CWM 5.0.2.6
Pressing the " " button really helps me
 
smep
Old
#19  
smep's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 218
Join Date: Jul 2013
Take parts of it.......check videos on YouTube. .... I did that with mine twice. ... its fun

Have a close look inside ....smell or burn....you may get it fixed eventually .

Sent from dish washer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Force Translucent Status Bar in KitKat ROMs with Xposed

It’s been a while since Android 4.4KitKat wasreleased, and we’re slowly … more

Fix the Ambient Light Issues on Your Google Nexus 5 using Xposed

The Google Nexus 5 is a great and rather popular device. This LG-produced … more

Google Glass XE16 Update Factory Image and Rooted Bootloader Now Available

You may recall that early yesterday, we talked about the XE16 … more