Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 39,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked Note 2 - help needed

Tip us?
 
alexandruvlad
Old
#1  
alexandruvlad's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 385
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bucharest
Default Bricked Note 2 - help needed

Hello

Got a Note 2 (N7100), boots up to the Samsung Logo and stays like that, basically that's called a soft-brick?
I'm familiar to Odin flashing, custom recovery flashing and so on - what are the steps to be done here?
Is there anything like a stock recovery ROM you can point me at, that i can flash using ODIN & the steps to follow?

Thanks very much, really appreciated
 
OverDub
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 84
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Rochdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandruvlad View Post
Hello

Got a Note 2 (N7100), boots up to the Samsung Logo and stays like that, basically that's called a soft-brick?
I'm familiar to Odin flashing, custom recovery flashing and so on - what are the steps to be done here?
Is there anything like a stock recovery ROM you can point me at, that i can flash using ODIN & the steps to follow?

Thanks very much, really appreciated
Download mode > flash philz v5.00.5 through odin > download custom rom > go to recovery > flash the custom ROM > when everything works you can choose to keep using the rom or to get a stock one from Sammobile.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Smack the thanks if I ever help you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note 2 GT-N7100
CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly
Stock modem and kernel.
 
alexandruvlad
Old
#3  
alexandruvlad's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 385
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDub View Post
Download mode > flash philz v5.00.5 through odin > download custom rom > go to recovery > flash the custom ROM > when everything works you can choose to keep using the rom or to get a stock one from Sammobile.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Shouldn't I install a stock rom first (using PIT file + repartition, if it doesn't boot up without repartition ticked - for example) ?


Thanks a lot for your help
 
OverDub
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 84
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Rochdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandruvlad View Post
Shouldn't I install a stock rom first (using PIT file + repartition, if it doesn't boot up without repartition ticked - for example) ?


Thanks a lot for your help
The method I put is the extra safe method so u won't be bothered with hard stuff, do it and it should work, or at least just get out of the bootloop u r into.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Smack the thanks if I ever help you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note 2 GT-N7100
CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly
Stock modem and kernel.
 
alexandruvlad
Old
#5  
alexandruvlad's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 385
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDub View Post
The method I put is the extra safe method so u won't be bothered with hard stuff, do it and it should work, or at least just get out of the bootloop u r into.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Many thanks, just worried because i got the phone in this condition for a very affordable price and wanted to fix it someone after reading here on the forum that it's really hard to permanently damage a Note 2 phone, especially when the Samsung Logo boots up.

Hopefully it will work properly after i try the offered method
 
OverDub
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 84
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Rochdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandruvlad View Post
Many thanks, just worried because i got the phone in this condition for a very affordable price and wanted to fix it someone after reading here on the forum that it's really hard to permanently damage a Note 2 phone, especially when the Samsung Logo boots up.

Hopefully it will work properly after i try the offered method
Keep me updated and good luck, please remember that custom roms like DittoNote3 or phoenix really enhance Ur experience, giving u the note 3 features and many other options, good luck.

With Regards,
Overdub

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandruvlad View Post
Many thanks, just worried because i got the phone in this condition for a very affordable price and wanted to fix it someone after reading here on the forum that it's really hard to permanently damage a Note 2 phone, especially when the Samsung Logo boots up.

Hopefully it will work properly after i try the offered method
Also please remember that you need philz 5.00.5 not the latest one, the latest one won't boot (not for me) and philz 5.00.5 is a very successful version of philz.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Smack the thanks if I ever help you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note 2 GT-N7100
CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly
Stock modem and kernel.
 
alexandruvlad
Old
#7  
alexandruvlad's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 385
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDub View Post
Keep me updated and good luck, please remember that custom roms like DittoNote3 or phoenix really enhance Ur experience, giving u the note 3 features and many other options, good luck.

With Regards,
Overdub

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------



Also please remember that you need philz 5.00.5 not the latest one, the latest one won't boot (not for me) and philz 5.00.5 is a very successful version of philz.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot, just found that version!
Looking forward on bringing good news!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slide Dial Replacement Dialer Lets You Make Calls from Anywhere

If you frequently make phone calls, your dialer (aka phone app)is one of the … more

Navigate with Your Samsung Gear 2 Using DMA Navi Watch

Whether you’re travelling to a new destination or exploring some previously … more

Xperia Z1 Stereo Speaker Mod, Cell Phone Unlocking Legal Again! – XDA Developer TV

Cell Phone Unlocking is legal again!! That and much … more

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more