5,600,335 Members 35,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Link2SD and partitioned SD causes Bootloop on Xperia M

Tip us?
 
heelium
Old
(Last edited by heelium; 17th January 2014 at 11:05 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] Link2SD and partitioned SD causes Bootloop on Xperia M

Hello everybody,

Ive got al little question.

After several evenings trying to install Link2SD an my Xperia M I would like to ask you for help.

Ive got a Xperia M, Android 4.1.2, Firmware 15.1.C.2.8 with an externel SD Card Sandisk 16GB.

1) I rootet my Xperia M with Framaroot. Later to get sure again with Easy Rooting Toolkit.
2) I made 2 partitions on my SD. 1st 12GB FAT32, 2nd 4GB ext2 both PRIMARY. I also testet 2nd FAT32 PRIMARY or Logical. And I testet
anoter SD card with 8GB.
3) Starting Link2SD, choosing the format of Partition 2, (ext2 or FAT32), short massage from Link2SD -> automatical Reboot Xperia.
4) Bootloop. -> Taking of the SC Card, Xperia boots without any problems.

I dont know how to get along with this problem.

After reading and trying a lot of hints and tips im altough not able installing this function correctly.

Could you help me please, making this app running on my phone?

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Markus
 
kinetic_soul
Old
(Last edited by kinetic_soul; 17th January 2014 at 12:31 PM.) Reason: Forgot an important statement
#2  
kinetic_soul's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 71
Join Date: Jan 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by heelium View Post
Hello everybody,

Ive got al little question.

After several evenings trying to install Link2SD an my Xperia M I would like to ask you for help.

Ive got a Xperia M, Android 4.1.2, Firmware 15.1.C.2.8 with an externel SD Card Sandisk 16GB.

1) I rootet my Xperia M with Framaroot. Later to get sure again with Easy Rooting Toolkit.
2) I made 2 partitions on my SD. 1st 12GB FAT32, 2nd 4GB ext2 both PRIMARY. I also testet 2nd FAT32 PRIMARY or Logical. And I testet
anoter SD card with 8GB.
3) Starting Link2SD, choosing the format of Partition 2, (ext2 or FAT32), short massage from Link2SD -> automatical Reboot Xperia.
4) Bootloop. -> Taking of the SC Card, Xperia boots without any problems.

I dont know how to get along with this problem.

After reading and trying a lot of hints and tips im altough not able installing this function correctly.

Could you help me please, making this app running on my phone?

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Markus

To get rid of the boot loop, remove the SD card and flash a custom .ftf file for your Xperia M using Flashtool. Google around a download the Xperia M firmware [.ftf file] and using flashmode in Flashtool, restore stock firmware and all should be good.

P.S. Your root will go but you can get it back by rooting again. It's the only way, sadly.

Good luck!
 
heelium
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Do not know exactly what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetic_soul View Post
To get rid of the boot loop, remove the SD card and flash a custom .ftf file for your Xperia M using Flashtool. Google around a download the Xperia M firmware [.ftf file] and using flashmode in Flashtool, restore stock firmware and all should be good.

P.S. Your root will go but you can get it back by rooting again. It's the only way, sadly.

Good luck!

Im sorry for asking stupid...

A custom .ftf ist an special kind of firmware? Whic would be the right one?

Stock ist the original one from the manufacturer?

The flashtool is running a finds the phone, now I'm looking for the right .ftf

But I dont know exactly what to do. The firmware ist 15.1.C.2.8 and I have to look for another one?

What do you mean with restore Stock? Flash the phone again with the 15.1.C.2.8 or something else?

Thank you very much for helping an absolutely newcomer...
Markus
 
heelium
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Right ftf?

Hello and good evening.

I was looking for some .tfts und found one like this: C2005_15.2.A.1.12_CE.ftf

Is this a file I can use?
It seems to be the firmware from the Xperia M Dual and according to a threat it should be working with a Xperia M.
Or where can I download a suitable ftf?

Do I have to save the contend of my phone bevor flashing? Whats App etc...?

If I've got the right ftf I only have to put the phone into flashmode (vol down and plug on usb) and start flashing the phone with the tool, right?

Thanks a lot for supporting me and your patience.
Markus
 
kinetic_soul
Old
(Last edited by kinetic_soul; 20th January 2014 at 10:54 AM.)
#5  
kinetic_soul's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 71
Join Date: Jan 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by heelium View Post
Hello and good evening.

I was looking for some .tfts und found one like this: C2005_15.2.A.1.12_CE.ftf

Is this a file I can use?
It seems to be the firmware from the Xperia M Dual and according to a threat it should be working with a Xperia M.
Or where can I download a suitable ftf?

Do I have to save the contend of my phone bevor flashing? Whats App etc...?

If I've got the right ftf I only have to put the phone into flashmode (vol down and plug on usb) and start flashing the phone with the tool, right?

Thanks a lot for supporting me and your patience.
Markus
If C2005 is your phone's model number then yes, I think you can. Just search Google for some .ftf file for your phone and flash it onto your device using Flashtool. You can backup with Titanium backup or Nandroid backup if you have root.

Good luck! and hit the thanks button if you found this helpful
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes