Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 39,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Troubleshooting: Volume always turns itself up!

Tip us?

SecUpwN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 574

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine View Post
I am from Switzerland and I gave it to the shop where I bought it from(Microspot) and they sent it to an official HTC Repair Center and I gave it to them on a saturday and got it back 12 days later. They said it needs generally 2 weeks.
Hey @LibertyMarine, here's the strange thing: To make sure that it really is an issue with the heardware, I downgraded my firmware and reflashed my ROM. Same thing happened. Then, the same night, I upgraded back to the firmware I had before. And while the issue still persisted (tested it again), I went asleep. The next morning, my volume rockers worked correctly again!

To everyone reading this thread, here's what I expect what happened: While carefully cleaning my phone, a very small drop of santizer might have entered the spaces where the volume rockers sit. I expect that it took a while until it vaporized. everyone should take a look at how to properly clean the HTC ONE. I hope that my volume rockers continue to work as they should, I would hate to be without my shiny new HTC ONE and receiving a REFURBISHED ONE after sending it in. Generally, I don't like refurbished stuff. Yeah, call me old-fashioned, but I prefer to know that the stuff I bought has never been touched or tampered with. For now: THANK YOU for baring with me and responding to this thread - I'll be back if volume rockers go crazy again.

SICK OF SURVEILLANCE?

Get the Android IMSI-Catcher Detector.

Help us support EFF, Guardian Project and Privacy International!
DONATE DarkCoin:
XxEJvrYtkTZzvMUjtbZwPY34MyCGHSu4ys

LibertyMarine
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecUpwN View Post
Hey @LibertyMarine, here's the strange thing: To make sure that it really is an issue with the heardware, I downgraded my firmware and reflashed my ROM. Same thing happened. Then, the same night, I upgraded back to the firmware I had before. And while the issue still persisted (tested it again), I went asleep. The next morning, my volume rockers worked correctly again!

To everyone reading this thread, here's what I expect what happened: While carefully cleaning my phone, a very small drop of santizer might have entered the spaces where the volume rockers sit. I expect that it took a while until it vaporized. everyone should take a look at how to properly clean the HTC ONE. I hope that my volume rockers continue to work as they should, I would hate to be without my shiny new HTC ONE and receiving a REFURBISHED ONE after sending it in. Generally, I don't like refurbished stuff. Yeah, call me old-fashioned, but I prefer to know that the stuff I bought has never been touched or tampered with. For now: THANK YOU for baring with me and responding to this thread - I'll be back if volume rockers go crazy again.
WOW! That's awesome! You are lucky. Thanks for your hind how to clean a HTC One! That will be very useful when I get back my One. I hope your phone won't get that issue again, otherwise, just PM me or quote me in this thread.

Have a nice week!
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer