Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more

HTC Sense Camera & Gallery for M8 GPE Lollipop

If you are running a GPE ROM and miss the sense gallery and camera, this flashable zip by … more

XenonHD Unofficial AOSP-based ROM for Find 7a

XDA Recognized Contributor uppon2 & Team Horizon are bringing the Oppo … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Unable to Unlock Boot-loader :S

20th January 2014, 07:27 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
213 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Unable to Unlock Boot-loader :S

I have attempted Sonys Method and now flashtool and get the same message saying my device cant be officially unlocked :S

what can i do to get my XZU unlocked?

I have a c6833 i was on 4.3 android but attempted to downgrade to 4.2.2 to attempt to unlock incase its been a firmware issue but now am really confused with what i can do
 
 
20th January 2014, 07:31 AM |#2  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,631
 
3,396 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by encryptioncsta

Unable to Unlock Boot-loader :S

I have attempted Sonys Method and now flashtool and get the same message saying my device cant be officially unlocked :S

what can i do to get my XZU unlocked?

I have a c6833 i was on 4.3 android but attempted to downgrade to 4.2.2 to attempt to unlock incase its been a firmware issue but now am really confused with what i can do

First of all get your self on .532 and root and then back up the TA partition, may save some grief at a latter date.

Then all I can say is try and try again, and make sure that you submitted the correct IMEI to Sony
20th January 2014, 07:36 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
213 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
am now on 5.10 and still doesnt work using any method
20th January 2014, 07:45 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
226 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by encryptioncsta

am now on 5.10 and still doesnt work using any method

Type in *#*#7378423#*#*
Go to Service Info > Configuration
And check the Rooting Status

Does it say Bootloader Unlock Allowed: No?
20th January 2014, 07:48 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
213 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanmahmood

Type in *#*#7378423#*#*
Go to Service Info > Configuration
And check the Rooting Status

Does it say Bootloader Unlock Allowed: No?

yeah i done that and i get told "no"

i dunno what else to do now that am being told i cant unlock
20th January 2014, 07:55 AM |#6  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,631
 
3,396 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
I should read your first post better

If it is unlockable then I don't think there is any thing you can do
20th January 2014, 07:56 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
213 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
am confused? why wouldn't i be able to unlock?
20th January 2014, 08:04 AM |#8  
fastest83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
486 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Because your device is probably a carrier-linked one... almost every phone bought within the US, if it's not from the manufacturer itself, is locked.
You either will have to live with it, or just sell it and buy an unlockable one directly from Sony.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes