Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft-bricked help!

Tip us?

htcsyncmanager
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Soft-bricked help!

Hey guys, so I was playing around with my HTC One X+ and after I rooted it and unlocked the bootloader successfully, I decided to install a custom ROM. Since I'm a noob and am quite new to the android world, I messed up on a step and my phone is stuck in a bootloop. I can get into TWRP recovery, and fastboot. I cleared my dalvik, and my cache, formatted my data, system, etc, and still no luck. However, I remembered that I backed my phone up on the HTC Sync Manager on my laptop, and I was wondering, if I restored the backup from my laptop to my phone, will it work again? Please help

Madcat8686
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcsyncmanager View Post
Hey guys, so I was playing around with my HTC One X+ and after I rooted it and unlocked the bootloader successfully, I decided to install a custom ROM. Since I'm a noob and am quite new to the android world, I messed up on a step and my phone is stuck in a bootloop. I can get into TWRP recovery, and fastboot. I cleared my dalvik, and my cache, formatted my data, system, etc, and still no luck. However, I remembered that I backed my phone up on the HTC Sync Manager on my laptop, and I was wondering, if I restored the backup from my laptop to my phone, will it work again? Please help
This is the wrong forum. It is for the HTC One XL Evita.

Your Forum is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-x
HTC One (M8) S-off
Rom: SinLessROM GPe v3.5.4 / Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

HTC One XL Evita S-off
Rom: Vanir / Kernel: Torched
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Nexus 7 (2012) Grouper
Rom: Paranoid Android 4.45 / Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1