XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A] Galaxy S III 4.3 Update Troubleshooting and Answers

Tip us?

sonwon
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki500 View Post
In my case it start happens when I made the upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.3, before that never happen. I think is the baseband version it has bugs. So im thinking the solution is to replace the baseband version. Let me know and how to do it without brick my phone. Thanks
I would expect you will be better off waiting for an update, complain to the carrier frequently maybe they replace the phone for free.

Norbberth
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Someone could help me with my problem, I really like the version 4.3 TW, but compared to the 4.1.2 version I think has fallen short in the battery life and the quality of the mobile signal and wifi, in the following leave subject explained the problem well in case anyone has been able to solve, thank you very much.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616576

krayzeesmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can this new update be installed via Mobile Odin? I'm on the road a lot and hardly ever near my computer.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4016

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzeesmoke View Post
Can this new update be installed via Mobile Odin? I'm on the road a lot and hardly ever near my computer.

Should work fine, but it wont flash the full firmware, so your bootloader and other psrts will remain on your current build.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krayzeesmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Doc, you don't think that would be a problem? I'm not questioning your greatness just wondering if, by not having those parts would it run slow or have some other hiccups that may not surface for weeks. Then I'm asking you, "how to fix this...", "why doesn't this..." not thinking that I used Mobile Odin.
Or does this only make sense in my head BECAUSE I don't know what I'm talking about? (So just shut up and do it)
Thanks btw for helping me with this :beer:

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4016

DONATE TO ME
It can be an issue, but not always. Its one of those things where its hard to determine if you do have issues. Naturally, everything will work more closely to the way it was intended, but I have run mixed builds plenty of times with zero problems. Others have not been so lucky though. It doesnt hurt to try it out though, and if you feel it could be better, flash the full firmware to see if it improves.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

krayzeesmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tried it with mobile Odin and it was stuck in a boot flip but then I borrowed my friends laptop, downloaded everything and it worked great.
I've given that to my daughter and bought me a note 3. On to bigger and better things. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app