5,595,497 Members 47,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck with my XPERIA (Please Read)

Tip us?

petkovski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow [Q] Stuck with my XPERIA (Please Read)

Hi!

I own a XPERIA L / C2105. I've upgraded to 4.2.2 OTA and rooted my phone. I immediately started to uninstall software that came pre-installed with the phone that I knew I never going to use it. I also uninstalled some system apps which I don't remember, but I was sure they were safe to uninstall (walkman, default album app, themes, live wallpapers, etc.)

The phone was performing fine, and all the functions were working properly. In recent time, I've noticed sluggish performance, hold ups and black screens. Restarts were not improving the performance, so I've decided it's time to do a factory reset. After the factory reset, the phone restarted, and all my apps backed with from my google account. But after using the phone that day, I found out that several things were not working.

- Notifications were not showing up in the notifications bar (although the button clear appeared).
- The camera was not working (initalization with the default app couldn't be made, but 3rd party camera apps worked, such as instagram or vsco).
- Incoming calls were not possible (they appeared in the call list as accepted (not missed) calls. When I try to call my phone it always rejects the call).

Maybe there's some other bugs, but for now these are the most important.

Since I've rooted and installed custom ROMS on my previous phones, I'm generally familiar with the process on how to restore the stock rom on my phone, but there's a problem. This phone doesn't allow to unlock the Bootloader! The bootloader is locked, so there's no way I can install a stock rom to fix the non-working issues.

Is there some other way to restore the functionality of the phone?

Thanks

petkovski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default caregan but

I've just found out that I can restore a stock rom without having to unlock the bootloader, using flashtool. Delete this thread, problem solved!