[rom][dump]n900vrubmh9_fajp

Tip us?

chrisrotolo
Old
Thanks Meter 451

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg View Post
Sure, the ROM might be, but how are you going to get it on your device? Your device is locked, and there is no sys version in these files, so you will not be able to use them. Also, if you attempt to flash boot or recovery, you will void your warranty and trigger 0x1. Be warned.
Can these be diectly written via dd if= of= , etc.. ? I imagine just flashing one partition may not be real helpful, however what if some brave soul were to flash the entire ROM?

you mentioned block size is 512, what should it be 1024? Can we ask @RomDump for a different size, etc.., would that be helpful?

I would think having the 4.2.2 bootloader file is a big plus for research purposes.

Thanks.

ryanbg
Old
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrotolo View Post
Can these be diectly written via dd if= of= , etc.. ? I imagine just flashing one partition may not be real helpful, however what if some brave soul were to flash the entire ROM?

you mentioned block size is 512, what should it be 1024? Can we ask @RomDump for a different size, etc.., would that be helpful?

I would think having the 4.2.2 bootloader file is a big plus for research purposes.

Thanks.
They can be written via DD, but as soon as you reboot, Knox/aboot will immediately recognize the signatures are wrong, and trip Knox. It will set your warranty bit, and prevent you from using Android until you flash a signed build. The block size doesn't matter, it just threw off some files sizes. This doesn't do anything for us. You also can't DD aboot, so no matter what, we are stuck.

chrisrotolo
Old
Thanks Meter 451

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg View Post
They can be written via DD, but as soon as you reboot, Knox/aboot will immediately recognize the signatures are wrong, and trip Knox. It will set your warranty bit, and prevent you from using Android until you flash a signed build. The block size doesn't matter, it just threw off some files sizes. This doesn't do anything for us. You also can't DD aboot, so no matter what, we are stuck.
How about the booting from sd card method? Any brave soul want to stick the entire ROM on an ext sd as mentioned in the unbrick thread? (backup and be prepared)
and there is also a mysterious 'load from external source' option in recovery, which has been reported to flash a stock ROM from ext sd card to fix a bricked att note 3.

having this 'engineering bootloader' from july must be some help for the bootloader devs.

I just thinking a lot, and don't like being stuck.

thanks for the input, cheers.

Frank Westlake
Old
(Last edited by Frank Westlake; 20th January 2014 at 12:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrotolo View Post
How about the booting from sd card method? Any brave soul want to stick the entire ROM on an ext sd as mentioned in the unbrick thread? (backup and be prepared)
and there is also a mysterious 'load from external source' option in recovery, which has been reported to flash a stock ROM from ext sd card to fix a bricked att note 3.
I don't have that option in the stock Recovery on my vzw-MI9, is it in a later version?

ADDED
Oh, disregard. I just remembered it requires a momentary jump between internal components.

Frank

SGH-I717(AoCP6.4), SM-N900V/MI9(dlV), XDA Premium

scrosler
Old
(Last edited by scrosler; 20th January 2014 at 08:29 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 47219

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by romup View Post
DOWNLOAD LINK: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bnelwkB PASSWORD: bdss

My twitter is :https://twitter.com/WarlockCN
Nice!

Edit: I see everything we need except system. Am I missing something?

Walter.White
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Nice!

Edit: I see everything we need except system. Am I missing something?
It's 4.2.2 not 4.4.2 sir. It's really old build.