[Q] IMEI Blocked

OP T89

20th January 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

67 posts
Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased a phone online, and I don't have buyers protection as it was through Gumtree..

The phone has been IMEI Blocked by O2 (UK). Is there any way or unblocking or unlocking the phone using procedures found on thie site? IE. Rooting, custom roms etc?

Thanks V much!

T
20th January 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,206

7,088 posts
Call them. If a phone is IMEI blocked, it's blocked at the carrier's end/network & unable to use their network, and in many countries, other carriers networks in that country (and also quite possibly networks in other countries). So as it's not something that's blocked phone-side, nothing anything here can do to solve this.
20th January 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

67 posts
Can I request to have it unlocked/unblocked?
20th January 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3,206

7,088 posts
Experience on here has been (that I've seen anyway) varies widely from carrier to carrier (and country to country) & seems to depend on why it was blocked in the first place. The decision to block/unblock rests solely with the carrier concerned.

Call them, explain your situation, see what happens/hope for the best. I'm not familiar with any rights you may/may not have under UK law with regard to this, perhaps someone who lives there as you do might chime in & give you an idea of those.
Last edited by MistahBungle; 20th January 2014 at 10:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread