Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] IMEI Blocked

Tip us?

T89
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] IMEI Blocked

Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased a phone online, and I don't have buyers protection as it was through Gumtree..

The phone has been IMEI Blocked by O2 (UK). Is there any way or unblocking or unlocking the phone using procedures found on thie site? IE. Rooting, custom roms etc?

Thanks V much!

T

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
Call them. If a phone is IMEI blocked, it's blocked at the carrier's end/network & unable to use their network, and in many countries, other carriers networks in that country (and also quite possibly networks in other countries). So as it's not something that's blocked phone-side, nothing anything here can do to solve this.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

T89
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can I request to have it unlocked/unblocked?

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 20th January 2014 at 10:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,206
Experience on here has been (that I've seen anyway) varies widely from carrier to carrier (and country to country) & seems to depend on why it was blocked in the first place. The decision to block/unblock rests solely with the carrier concerned.

Call them, explain your situation, see what happens/hope for the best. I'm not familiar with any rights you may/may not have under UK law with regard to this, perhaps someone who lives there as you do might chime in & give you an idea of those.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]