5,595,645 Members 44,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issues with Active Display and Navigation Bar

Tip us?

bnicholls90
Old
(Last edited by bnicholls90; 25th December 2013 at 11:58 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Q] Issues with Active Display and Navigation Bar

Hello! I'd like to say thank you too XpLoDWilD and the other developers involved in this ROM. I think it is truly one of the best around!

I have experienced a few issues, and was hoping someone could direct me in order to resolve them. I am currently using a Nexus 5 device!

First off, sometimes i will randomly loose my entire navigation bar when opening messaging or other apps, and have to shut the screen off and turn it back on in order to see the home button, back button or multi task. I am not entirely sure why it does this, but i am using immersive mode now to see if the issue goes away.

Secondly regarding Active Display, It seems the function wonderfully other then when I initially unlock the phone through the active display or enter a notification through the active display, it then unlocks then my old lockscreen appears for a split second and then finally unlocks my device and returns to my normal screen. It happens all within a few seconds.

If anyone could provide me with some insight or direct me to whom i could bring this issue too that would be great thank alot!

happyassshit
Old
(Last edited by happyassshit; 12th January 2014 at 07:09 PM.) Reason: add
Thanks Meter 21
+1 on Point 1 (navigation bar disappearing)
2013-01-08 nightly and before
N7: OmniROM 4.4.2 (nightly)
N4: OmniROM 4.4.2 (nightly) / Ubuntu Touch r299 / Firefox OS (03-02 build)
N1: Evervolv Kitkat nightly 2013-12-20

cavaliersa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same where the navigation bar disappears completely at times.
I have the same where when active display shows I've received a message/notification and I chose to go the app that the screen blacks out. If I then press home it goes to program.
I also have where the time disappears from the notification bar. If I switch the screen off and unlock again the time is back.