XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how do i unlock screen LG G2 after its LCD is broken

Tip us?

breakendroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] how do i unlock screen LG G2 after its LCD is broken

my LG G2 is dropped on granite floor and it fell on its top left corner shattering the corner and breaking LCD. a notification came on the screen telling that the LCD is broken and all i can do is receive calls by pressing both arrow keys and shut down the alarm.

when it to my Mac via its USB, mac does not recognize the device as i had set up to ask for confirmation if it should mount the disk or just charge (i generally charge it on USB port in the car and computer). however, i cannot unlock it as i have set up lock screen pattern and the pattern crosses the breaks resulting in me being unable to unlock the screen.

i'm sure somebody else also should've gone thru this experience but have been successful retrieving pix and contacts before factory resetting to send it for replacement. can i get some help unlocking the screen in this situation to just get all my data out. thanks in advance.

cyberhern
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakendroid View Post
my LG G2 is dropped on granite floor and it fell on its top left corner shattering the corner and breaking LCD. a notification came on the screen telling that the LCD is broken and all i can do is receive calls by pressing both arrow keys and shut down the alarm.

when it to my Mac via its USB, mac does not recognize the device as i had set up to ask for confirmation if it should mount the disk or just charge (i generally charge it on USB port in the car and computer). however, i cannot unlock it as i have set up lock screen pattern and the pattern crosses the breaks resulting in me being unable to unlock the screen.

i'm sure somebody else also should've gone thru this experience but have been successful retrieving pix and contacts before factory resetting to send it for replacement. can i get some help unlocking the screen in this situation to just get all my data out. thanks in advance.
Same here... Were you able to unlock and access data? Hard to believe there isn't a ADB command
THE LURKER
Verizon LG G2> RazrMAXX HD>RazrMAXX>Bionic>DX>TP2>TP>XV6800

Nexus 7 (2013), Vzn Sam GT, Lapdock100, Bionic LD, Blackberry Playbook 2.1 64gb with Android Envy
Click HERE to help the Playbook get a forum

cyberhern
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Simple fix! OTG cable and a mouse will unlock!
THE LURKER
Verizon LG G2> RazrMAXX HD>RazrMAXX>Bionic>DX>TP2>TP>XV6800

Nexus 7 (2013), Vzn Sam GT, Lapdock100, Bionic LD, Blackberry Playbook 2.1 64gb with Android Envy
Click HERE to help the Playbook get a forum