Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,161 Members 42,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Note 3 (Exynos) Freeze issue.

Tip us?

sachingopalkrishnan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Galaxy Note 3 (Exynos) Freeze issue.

Hello All,
Been using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for 4 months, Initially it would reboot once a day while trying to access apps and this would be completely random. I read through articles, hacks, tips and had switched off WiFi scanning, took of clock and other widgets, did a factory reset/cache . Now it has reduced to say once a week though I am not able to replicate why it happens. eg. I was taking a video and it rebooted for the first time yesterday. I am thinking of giving it back for a replacement.

My query: Is this normal ? Do all users with exynos have this issue and would getting a replacement help or I may end up with a crappy device again. I had a htc desire hd for 3 years and not even once it gave up on me and after spending 49000/-INR i hate to own a device which is not stable enough to peacefully co-exist.

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1,403

DONATE TO ME
Sounds like a rogue app - but to answer your question, no it shouldn't randomly reboot on you..
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sachingopalkrishnan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Sounds like a rogue app - but to answer your question, no it shouldn't randomly reboot on you..
Thanks for responding, I guess may be a faulty batch and i should try getting a replacement.

Narada2XK
Old
(Last edited by Narada2XK; 20th January 2014 at 03:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachingopalkrishnan View Post
Thanks for responding, I guess may be a faulty batch and i should try getting a replacement.
You might want to keep an eye on this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2615239

Also see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...68&postcount=1