[Q] Help retrieving cpuid

OP hanielserrato

6th January 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Waco
Thanks Meter: 2

67 posts
More
I need urgent help. My son was playing on my moms a500 and it ran out of battery. She hooked it up to the power chord and tried powering the tablet on. She says that it only got to the Acer logo and that it turned off. After that we have not been able to turn this thing back on again. It powers on and the led on the power button turns amber. I have to hold the power button for about 5 seconds and then it turns on. Nothing on the screen, or vibration. I've been following a couple of threads and have come to the conclusion that it is stuck on apx mode. I have no backups to get the cpuid from so I have tried using ubuntu to retrieve.

A guide I followed asked to install GCC, lsusb, libusb-1.0.x, libusb-1.0-dev. I downloaded the package folders but have no idea how to install on ubuntu. I'm very stuck and dont know if I have the correct versions of the asked programs. I really appreciate any help that is given.
20th January 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Victorville, CA
Thanks Meter: 12

242 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...89&postcount=2
20th January 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 63

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanielserrato

I downloaded the package folders but have no idea how to install on ubuntu. I'm very stuck and dont know if I have the correct versions of the asked programs. I really appreciate any help that is given.

The easiest way would be to use the package manager, just start it and select what you want to install and it will take care of both downloading and installing for you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread