Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" error message on boot

Tip us?

Dimitri Stephan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" error message on boot

Hey guys,

After flashing the 4.4.2 firmware to my Note 3, I get the following error message once the device turns on: "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped". I can just click ok and the message goes away but it shouldn't be appearing in the first place so does anyone know how to make it go away?

Thanks!

Sinotek
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri Stephan View Post
Hey guys,

After flashing the 4.4.2 firmware to my Note 3, I get the following error message once the device turns on: "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped". I can just click ok and the message goes away but it shouldn't be appearing in the first place so does anyone know how to make it go away?

Thanks!
Only known solution I have on these issues is a factory reset. I don't think there's another way of fixing it. It is always recommended to do a factory reset before flashing a new ROM.

Hope this helps

Dimitri Stephan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinotek View Post
Only known solution I have on these issues is a factory reset. I don't think there's another way of fixing it. It is always recommended to do a factory reset before flashing a new ROM.

Hope this helps
I will give it a try see if it works.

Dimitri Stephan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I've tried resetting the phone but the message still appears. I've also tried tr-flashing the rom and that hasn't worked either. What else could it be?

spdecoste
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had this error message the first and the second time I booted my phone when I got it. I haven't seen it since then!

I have Hangouts, messages and S Voice disabled. Not sure if it has something to do with those apps...

casley79
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Same issue...I have tried all full wipe, full reset, stock 4.4.2, leak, but still have that problem

my-galaxy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I had the same issue. I did go to recovery and format everything in internal memory. Then, installed Kitkat from PC Odin...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

EnterLordVader
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Had the exactly same issue, I did a factory reset and it worked.

G4il1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
On similar problems with upgrades on both the S4 and S3 this have helped:
Go to phone settings-->More, then select Date and Time. Change the date format to something else then change it back to the format you wanted. Save and go back.

I have no idea if this will help on this problem but it might be a thing to try instead of a factoryreset