Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy mega 5.8 GT-I9152 skype and viber problem

Tip us?

farrukh738
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Galaxy mega 5.8 GT-I9152 skype and viber problem

Hello guys m new to XDA i recently updated my phone Galaxy mega 5.8 (update said compatibility with galaxy gear) after update i have not been able to make calls on skype , viber or line etc calls are connected but i cant hear other party on ear piece but when i switch to speaker then calls are fine on both viber and skype ,theres nothing wrong with my earpiece as its working fine on normal network calls. I already tried factory reset but it wont help and m not rooted. any body please help thamks in advance

ahmedfahmyy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem here guys....pls help

pokamonNereid
Old
(Last edited by pokamonNereid; 20th January 2014 at 10:03 AM.) Reason: After testing
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedfahmyy View Post
I have the same problem here guys....pls help
well for me i encountered the problem of not hearing the caller from the app like viber, kakaotalk etc. when i also updated to the latest firmware, but i did not bother because i did not have any problems with the my ordinary phone calls.

i have updated to a different firmware with the higher build than before, unfortunately i havent tried or tested the mentioned problem with the new firmware.

i'll be back when i do or if someone calls me with the apps.

Update:
still i encounter the problem. i think the only solution as of now is just revert back to the previous firmware (no galaxy gear compatibility update)
The Following User Says Thank You to pokamonNereid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

farrukh738
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokamonNereid View Post
well for me i encountered the problem of not hearing the caller from the app like viber, kakaotalk etc. when i also updated to the latest firmware, but i did not bother because i did not have any problems with the my ordinary phone calls.

i have updated to a different firmware with the higher build than before, unfortunately i havent tried or tested the mentioned problem with the new firmware.

i'll be back when i do or if someone calls me with the apps.

Update:
still i encounter the problem. i think the only solution as of now is just revert back to the previous firmware (no galaxy gear compatibility update)
Thanks for your reply brother how do u go to previous fw is that possible if it is can u show me the way thanks in advance

pokamonNereid
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrukh738 View Post
Thanks for your reply brother how do u go to previous fw is that possible if it is can u show me the way thanks in advance
hmm honestly i dont know what stock rom / firmware specifically or maybe the I9152XWUAMJ2 firmware would be the one as it is the october build.

try to get that firmware and then download odin to flash your phone back to that firmware

if you are not familiar in using odin and flashing a firmware / stock rom, just try to scan the forums for that simple guide.

also i never did went back to the old firmware, i just let it go for a while and hope that either a new firmware update would fix it or the app side instead would.
The Following User Says Thank You to pokamonNereid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]