5,596,784 Members 48,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No network data connection

Tip us?

DekkerP6
Old
(Last edited by DekkerP6; 20th January 2014 at 11:55 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] No network data connection

Hello all,

I got my P6 for a few days and from time to time I had troubles to connect the data network (2G and 3G).
When I switch the data on, it connects to the network for 1/2 seconde and then it disconnects (the H+ symbol stays on though). Switching the data off and on again only repeats the problem.

Restarting the phone allowed me to finally have a stable connection so far but since this morning it doesn't work anymore. Removing the sim didn't help.

I'm on B125.

Anyone encountered this problem and managed to solve it?
Thanks!

DekkerP6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I may have solved the problem.

Use tweakker from the play store to get the exact apn details for your carrier (mine is Base Belgium) and put them in the apn settings.

Since that I can connect the data without any issue (except a new bug: switching to "2g only" make the connection bug again, except if the data is switch off before and switch back on after a dozen of seconds). It seems that it is more like a carrier problem but that creates bugs only with Huawei products (source: internet).

It seems that the P6 is a very capricious phone, I love it but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone which is not an engineer!