Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 49,553 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft Bricked Note 2 Verizon. HELP! URGENT!

Tip us?

MaddenMS6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Soft Bricked Note 2 Verizon. HELP! URGENT!

I am not new to rooting and flashing rom however, I switched from my rooted GS3 running CM11 to the Note 2. I flashed the stock firmware (root66) and made the mistake of running the OTA 4.1.2 update which caused my note to be soft bricked. The phone boots to the samsung logo and freezes there. I flashed several stock firmware using odin that pass but when my phone reboots it freezes at the samsung logo. I can not access recovery mode, only downloading mode. I know its a way to fix this I'm just not sure how. Any suggestions?

OverDub
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMS6 View Post
I am not new to rooting and flashing rom however, I switched from my rooted GS3 running CM11 to the Note 2. I flashed the stock firmware (root66) and made the mistake of running the OTA 4.1.2 update which caused my note to be soft bricked. The phone boots to the samsung logo and freezes there. I flashed several stock firmware using odin that pass but when my phone reboots it freezes at the samsung logo. I can not access recovery mode, only downloading mode. I know its a way to fix this I'm just not sure how. Any suggestions?

Easy peasy, flash philz v5.00.5 (not the latest) through odin then u should be able to access recovery, from recovery flash a custom ROM so u can get unstuck, then when everything is fine, flash a stock rom from sammobile and hopefully it should work.

With Regards,
Overdub
Smack the thanks if I helped.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Smack the thanks if I ever help you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note 2 GT-N7100
CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly
Stock modem and kernel.