Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Using ISIS to purchase gift cards...

OP siciliano777

5th January 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

221 posts
Has anyone had any luck at CVS (or elsewhere) purchasing gift cards or vanilla reloads with ISIS? I've only tried one CVS so far, but they flat out denied me using ISIS to buy any gift cards...they said it was store policy that I would have to use cash.

A lot of ppl seem to be having no problem doing it so I'm guessing it's just strictly local store policy. I fought with the manager stating that it's EXACTLY like cash and that the funds came directly out of my bank account, but they didn't budge. :-\
6th January 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 116

455 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siciliano777

Has anyone had any luck at CVS (or elsewhere) purchasing gift cards or vanilla reloads with ISIS? I've only tried one CVS so far, but they flat out denied me using ISIS to buy any gift cards...they said it was store policy that I would have to use cash.

A lot of ppl seem to be having no problem doing it so I'm guessing it's just strictly local store policy. I fought with the manager stating that it's EXACTLY like cash and that the funds came directly out of my bank account, but they didn't budge. :-\

Used isis to buy a 50 amazon gift card at cvs. Not sure why they would tell you no...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

221 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlaigle

Used isis to buy a 50 amazon gift card at cvs. Not sure why they would tell you no...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You mind telling me what area you live in? I'm hoping it was just that specific store. It's such a stupid ass store policy that they will only take cash for ANY gift card.

It's not even the amount that bothered them (I want to buy a $500 reload to get a quick $100 back, then do it again another day to get the max $200). Ugh. I know some Rite Aid stores have paypass but then they'd have to have gift cards too, and not the dumb cash only policy...
18th January 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

221 posts
Successfully purchased 2 $500 vanilla reloads at CVS (finally). Third time's a charm I guess
19th January 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 45

124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siciliano777

Successfully purchased 2 $500 vanilla reloads at CVS (finally). Third time's a charm I guess

Just did the same today at CVS. Walgreens denied me, but because they said they had the terminals turned off because there was too much fraud. Not exactly sure what was going on, but CVS was happy to take my money. And I'm happy to get the $200 cash back.
19th January 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

221 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by physicsguymatt

Just did the same today at CVS. Walgreens denied me, but because they said they had the terminals turned off because there was too much fraud. Not exactly sure what was going on, but CVS was happy to take my money. And I'm happy to get the $200 cash back.

Awesome also don't forget about the extra $50 you can get for direct depositing $250 twice into your serve acct. This can be easily done with PayPal. Just set up the serve card as a bank within PayPal with the routing and acct# given on the serve website. Another $50 for freeeee.
The Following User Says Thank You to siciliano777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #7  
Detroit, MI

157 posts
More
I went to the VZW store and used it to pay my $250 bill... got 50 back plus 10 for using at the Verizon store.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
20th January 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #8  

124 posts
FYI, my $200 cash back just posted. Took about 36 hours.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread