Xperia Z1S (T-Mobile US) Issue

20th January 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Meter: 14

63 posts
More
Hi there. Hope all of you are enjoying your Z1 as much as I am. I'm very pleased so far... well except for the locked bootloader and no root part. I honestly don't know what anyone is complaining about in regards to the screen. Sure the viewing angles aren't great, but it's not a tv. And the color accuracy is among the best I've seen.

That said there's a couple thing off the top of my head...

The notification bar changes from black to a dull grey when in dialer or settings. Maybe it did this all along and I just noticed but it's bugging the hell out of me. Anyone else experience this?

Also periodically at home I'll lose LTE. The icon will show 4G, but not LTE below it. Not a problem, but when I search the "Service Providers" in "Mobile Network Settings" I will find an LTE network, but there's a check mark next to the 3G T-Mobile network. If I select the LTE network it immediately connects to that. It makes me wonder if it would automatically switch over to LTE later (presumably on a stronger signal). Any thoughts?
20th January 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 121

802 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by POMF2K

Hi there. Hope all of you are enjoying your Z1 as much as I am. I'm very pleased so far... well except for the locked bootloader and no root part. I honestly don't know what anyone is complaining about in regards to the screen. Sure the viewing angles aren't great, but it's not a tv. And the color accuracy is among the best I've seen.

That said there's a couple thing off the top of my head...

The notification bar changes from black to a dull grey when in dialer or settings. Maybe it did this all along and I just noticed but it's bugging the hell out of me. Anyone else experience this?

Also periodically at home I'll lose LTE. The icon will show 4G, but not LTE below it. Not a problem, but when I search the "Service Providers" in "Mobile Network Settings" I will find an LTE network, but there's a check mark next to the 3G T-Mobile network. If I select the LTE network it immediately connects to that. It makes me wonder if it would automatically switch over to LTE later (presumably on a stronger signal). Any thoughts?

I can only assume it is that there's a stronger HSPA+ signal than the LT signal. Can't comment on anything else - sorry. By the way, the Z was a locked bootloader, right? But, we found ways around that and for root?
20th January 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 45

253 posts
More
Quote:

This is normal.

Quote:

Your base assumption is probably correct. I haven't seen this problem specifically, but the phone is probably being less aggressive about LTE where the signal is weaker to save battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Perrignon

By the way, the Z was a locked bootloader, right? But, we found ways around that and for root?

It'll come, in due time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread